X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh do you really?????

Today was an interesting day...

First thing I get to work and we have a bird in a back stock room that we needed to contend with. And as of 4 when I left, we still didn't manage to get it out of the backroom. I don't know how the effort went on later in the night though.

So T, my roomie, comes up to me as I'm attempting to save the stupid little bird... (I really don't like birds. I'm not afraid of them or anything, I just find them annoying.)

T: Have you tried calling appliances lately?
    Me: No, why?
    T: You can't get through... the phone rings right through to a switchboard.
    Me: A switchboard?? Even with the direct number?
    T: Yeah.
    Me: Ok... I'll try calling it.

So I go out to where I have reception on my cell phone and I call the direct number to appliances.

I get
    "Thank you for calling Sears if you are calling about appliances, please say yes."
    Me: Yes
    "Ok, what type of appliances..."
    Me: Large Appliances
    Operator: Thank you for calling Sears, how may I help you?
    Me: I was in earlier talking to T about a refridgerator, and I'd like to go ahead and purchase that. Can you transfer me to him?
    Operator: Well, I work very closely with T, I can help you.
    Me: You can sell me a refridgerator?
    Operator: Yes I can.
    Me: Will T get the credit?
    Operator: I work very closely with T. I can help you.
    Me: Is T there? Can I speak with him? Do you even know who he is?
    Operator: I can transfer you to T, but he may or may not be available.
    Me: Ok... that would be great!
    Operator: I'll transfer you. *click*

I got hung up on.

So... calls are being transferred to a switchboard to the people from Sears.com. They get paid commission on everything they sell just like a store associate would. And so if a customer calls to try and talk to someone that they had talked to in the store, they will go the Sears.com people and not get through to their original associate. The people in appliances are straight commission. And a large percentage of their sales are over the phone.

T tells me that they've been calling that number all day trying to just get through to the sales floor. Everytime they persist on talking to someone on the sales floor, they get hung up on.

I'm no longer in sales there, and I'm glad for that. But I'm very pissed that they're pulling this crap on the associates.
    When will the fantasy end? When will the heaven begin?

People suck, tis the bottom line... This day in age everyone is desperate for the next paycheck... but to hang up on the person... then no one gets paid and just wastes time.

Comment

Quoth Fashion Lad! View Post
      First thing I get to work and we have a bird in a back stock room that we needed to contend with. And as of 4 when I left, we still didn't manage to get it out of the backroom. I don't know how the effort went on later in the night though.
      I'm just hoping that any update you give on this doesn't involve birdie blood and brain splatters mixed with little feathers scattered everywhere.
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Fashion Lad! View Post

So... calls are being transferred to a switchboard to the people from Sears.com. They get paid commission on everything they sell just like a store associate would. And so if a customer calls to try and talk to someone that they had talked to in the store, they will go the Sears.com people and not get through to their original associate. The people in appliances are straight commission. And a large percentage of their sales are over the phone.
        Huh, I haven't heard about that. That just seems so wrong. It doesn't make much sense either. I mean, I always tell customers to call their salespeople if they had a problem with something but if the calls are being routed to a sears.com person...eeeeh. Completely awful of the sears.com people to just hang up on anyone that asks for an in store associate. That's just lame.

Comment

hmmmm sounds like a *suspencition pending investigation* offence to me

Comment

Working...
          X