Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Kitty will hire anyone, won't they?

If anyone needs me, I'll be in the corner, curled up in a ball and sobbing . . .

Just yesterday, CSM brought in another young potential hire. Young woman, looked to be around early 20's. Seemed nice enough.

She was set up in the computer room to fill out an application, as the Kitty only takes apps online now and not hardcopy.

I walked in to drop off some stuff I was clearing out for the Bargain Center (stuff that was not in planogram or discontinued) when she asked for assistance with the computer.

Granted, that computer has always run slower than a turtle on Valium . . . so I go over to see what she needed.

She was trying to save the application information, but what she didn't do was to read WHY the website refused to save the info.

She needed to set up a security question, so I pointed that out on the screen to her. She scrolled back down and set that up.

Then, again it wouldn't save . . . turned out she didn't have a password set up so she could go back and check on it.

I inform her of that, so she types in 4 characters. Not paying any attention to the fact that the password clearly states 6 characters minimum.

I point that out to her . . . guess what her reply was . . .

"But I don't know any 6-letter words."

But wait . . . it gets better . . . . or like Gravekeeper's callers, worse . . .

I took a peek at the section where, in the applicant's own words, they explain why the Kitty should hire the potential applicant.

"Because I am good with cutsomoers and would like to work at this stoire." (yes, this is how she spelled.)

If she handles money like she spells and follows directions, Dog help us all.
    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Sounds like a Garden Center cashier material to me....lol. Seriously, at my Wal-Mart they put the slowest cashiers in the Garden Center.

Comment

Obviously she was lying, she knows a few 6 letter words. She just can't spell them. I'd put her application in the no pile.
      How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

But wait . . . it gets better . . . . or like Gravekeeper's callers, worse
        I'm not sure if I'm sad or flattered that I've achieved the status of "benchmark".
        >.>

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
          I'm not sure if I'm sad or flattered that I've achieved the status of "benchmark".
          Better than "ass groove".
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
            >.>
            Years from now the Gravekeeper benchmark will be taught in tech schools. There will be advanced classes where they teach the theory and write strange symbols on the wall that looks like squigiles to the uninitated. PhD canidates will write dissertation on it and the baffalo will run free.

*Bursts into song*

Born free, as free as the wind blows
            As free as the grass grows
            Born free to follow your heart

I'll take song requests after the Hair medly.
            Last edited by Soulstealer; 07-23-2007, 04:29 PM.
            How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Quoth Soulstealer View Post
              Obviously she was lying, she knows a few 6 letter words. She just can't spell them. I'd put her application in the no pile.
              No, actually, if you reread that short snippet, she still doesn't know any 6 letter words. She does know at least one 7 letter word, and she treated one 5 letter word to a 6th letter, but there is no proof that she knows any legitimate 6 letter words.

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                No, actually, if you reread that short snippet, she still doesn't know any 6 letter words. She does know at least one 7 letter word, and she treated one 5 letter word to a 6th letter, but there is no proof that she knows any legitimate 6 letter words.
                But to be fair, she does know a six-letter word:

"Letter"

Logic, for the win!
                I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

Quoth Spiffy McMoron View Post
                  Logic, for the win!
                  Logic be damned to you!!!!!!!!!
                  Unseen but seeing
                  oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                  There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                  3rd shift needs love, too
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Spiffy McMoron View Post
                    But to be fair, she does know a six-letter word:

"Letter"

Logic, for the win!
                    But she needed it for the password.

Sure she knows it... but can she spell it?

^-.-^
                    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                    X