Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I never used the box cutter at work. I could never cut with them. I always used my keys My co-workers looked at me like I was nuts until my manager cut her finger really badly. The next day I looked at everyone and said "see, that's why I use my keys "
    It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office.
    ~~~H.L. Mencken

Comment

My keys do not make good boxcutters and I don't think it's good for keys to be used in that manner. I think it chews them up.

While I was away at college, I had gone shopping and when I went to open my car part of the key busted off and I couldn't open the door. I had to call a cab to take me back to my apartment, ransack my room to find the spare key, change my clothes because wouldn't you know it I had to work that afternoon, and then call another cab to take me back to the mall so I could get my car again.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

They were extra keys that no one knew the use for. I wouldn't use my house keys.
        It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office.
        ~~~H.L. Mencken

Comment

This is what my personal boxcutter at work looks like:

I also have one of those sheath style that just slide, but that's my backup for when people forget to return my regular one.

I have never cut myself with anything I was using to cut, with the sole exception of cutting my fingertips pretty lightly, but often when I used to slice apples for pies. Otherwise, if it's a blade, I manage to stab myself with the tip, and never slice myself.

If I'm going to slice myself, I'm going to make sure it is the most painful possible, so I'll do it with paper or cardboard (damn does that sting) or something bizarre that nobody else could manage to actually slice themselves with such as a not-quite-fully-bent staple or the like.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

When i worked at Win-dickme I managed to cut a 2 inch slash into my shirt, about 4 inches to the left of my naval. I dont know how i didnt cut my stomach. I really dont.

Last year, while working at the university. I put the exact same cut, in my work shirt. in the exact same spot. Yet the day i discovered said cut, I hadnt handled anything sharper then a baseball. Although I dont use a box cutter, I do use a knife.
            http://www.vilecity.com/index.php?r=221271
            Cyberpunk mayhem!

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
              or something bizarre that nobody else could manage to actually slice themselves with such as a not-quite-fully-bent staple or the like.

^-.-^
              Been there. Done that. Got it beat even. I cut myself on a step. On a staircase. Got the scar to prove it to.
              Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                If I'm going to slice myself, I'm going to make sure it is the most painful possible, so I'll do it with paper or cardboard (damn does that sting) or something bizarre that nobody else could manage to actually slice themselves with such as a not-quite-fully-bent staple or the like.

^-.-^
                try carbon copy paper. If I don't hear you scream from another country, I'll be impressed.
                I AM the evil bastard!
                A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
                  try carbon copy paper. If I don't hear you scream from another country, I'll be impressed.
                  Cardboard trumps paper of all varieties. And I'm not talking cardstock, either. I mean corrugated cardboard, like you get with boxes. It takes some work to slice yourself with that stuff, but I've done it. More than once. You'd think I'd have learned, but I guess I'm resistance to aversion therapy.

My favorite are the mystery scratches. I have no idea where they come from, but when the weather gets really hot, I get long tiny scratches that show up around my face and neck. I've never seen them bleed, and they never hurt, and the only reason I notice them is because they leave a thin line of scab along their entire length. Just bizarre.

... then there are the faint scars that run around the circumference of both forearms at the midway point...

^-.-^
                  Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                  X