Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stop reading Harry Potter and do your job!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stop reading Harry Potter and do your job!!

Ever since that damn book came out, my Front End Manager has not done anything. He will sit there and complain that I'm not busy 100% of the time or because I took a 20 min. break instead of a 15 min. one, or because I accidentally came in 5 minutes late.

He supposed to be at work at 9:00. He gets in at 9:30, 10:30, or sometimes even 11:00. He'll do about...45 minutes of "working" (AKA work on the schedule that's practically already made for him) and then take a lunch. How long of a lunch? An hour and a half a day. Our lunches are supposed to be 30 minutes, and our breaks 15. I've seen him take 45 minute "smoke breaks," and then go yell at a fellow cashier because that particular cashier took a 25 min. break.

I was incredibly frustrated one day because we were short one cashier, forcing me to get on a register, go back to bagging, get carts every hour (they were full every single time I went out there, making it really long work), and repeat. We did not have a second bagger for some reason. I looked around wondering where the hell the front end manager was so he could jump on a register to help out. I checked in the break room, and there he was: reading the new Harry Potter book. I asked someone when he went to his lunch, and they said an hour and a half ago. Needless to say, I was incredibly pissed off.

He hasn't worked at all ever since that book came out. He's come in late, barely done shit, and left early. He even has the nerve to sit there and complain about how we don't do enough work, or how our shirts are untucked.

Should I complain to the store manager?

Yeah you should tell the Store Manager. HE is not working what-so-ever. I would tell if I was you
    Under The Moon Paranormal Research
    San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

If your front end manager isn't done with the book NOW- after all that- then he has the reading capacity of a slug!

I agree- tell the SM.
      "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
      HellGate: London

Comment

Yep, he's being lazy and he needs a reminder. When the 6th book came out I read it through the night but I had to work that same day. I still came in and was productive despite me being awake with thoughts of Horcruxes and hidden rooms. Yes Harry Potter is addictive but it's no excuse to be slacking off.
        The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Quoth NightAngel View Post
          If your front end manager isn't done with the book NOW- after all that- then he has the reading capacity of a slug!
          I was going to say something similar.

I should go there with a copy of Gone With the Wind. I can read it in two days.

Anyhoo, report him.
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Hypocrisy or what?

Report him!
            No longer a flight atttendant!

Comment

I like Harry Potter as much as the next guy, but when there's work to be done, then goddammit, put the book down and get your lazy ass to work! Slightly but I remember when I was in the eighth grade, I was constantly reading books and my algebra teacher told me to record all the books I read in one month and tell her the exact number of books I read in that month. The results? 103. I recently did that test again just out of curiousity, and the result was 117 books per month. I'm a real bookworm, aren't I?
              "But I don't want to be among mad people."
              You can't help that. We're all mad here. Every fucking one of us.

Comment

I didn't even take the book to work with me. One of my CSR's did but she just read a page or two while she was having her smoke break and it never became an issue.

In other words- she put it down and did her job.
                "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
                HellGate: London

Comment

When I got ahold of a copy on Monday, I was reading it at work after lunch.

Gave me something to do while the 10 billion programs I had to install ran.
                  SC: “Yeah, Bob’s Company. I'm Bob. It's my company.” - GK
                  SuperHotelWorker made my Avi!!

Comment

Quoth Princess-Snake View Post
                    The results? 103. I recently did that test again just out of curiousity, and the result was 117 books per month. I'm a real bookworm, aren't I?
                    I rarely keep track of how many books I go through.

But at the end of summer before I started my senior year in high school, I spent basically the month of August in Vermont, with my aunt. While there, we did sightseeing, went to the movies, visited with her NG bandmates, went to a couple of parties, went antiquing, hiked through the woods past her backyard, did some work taming her back yard, spent time in the mini-waterfall in the stream at the edge of her back yard, and in between all that, I read about 35 books.

I read through book 7 in about 3 sessions, really. I think it took a total of maybe 8 hours, broken up over three different days over the course of a week. And I read three other books in between. I don't read much in the evenings, right now, because I spend my time playing City of Heroes/Villains.

^-.-^
                    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                    X