Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I've got an interview!!! Plus future updates.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've got an interview!!! Plus future updates.

I have an interview at a grocery store on Wednesday! And you know what, I don't feel bad about leaving my current job. I'll miss the friendships, but that's what email's for. And I'll miss all the free cheeseburgers and ice cream. But I won't miss the horrible hours. I might just put in "don't schedule Sarah." And then I'm technically still employed there, and if they need me then they can call me (like once a month); there are other people who do that. And then I get to keep my discount card.

Anyway, I'm excited & nervous! Wish me luck!

PS I'll be using this as my 'job hunt' thread, cos other people have their own, and I'm jealous.
    Michael: Maybe you'll be inspired by the boat party tonight and start a career as a pirate.
    Tobias: I haven't packed for that.
    <3 Arrested Development

Quoth sarahj View Post
    And I'll miss all the free cheeseburgers and ice cream.
    You can has no cheezburger?

Rapscallion

Comment

Good luck!!
      Quote Dalesys:
      ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
        You can has no cheezburger?

Rapscallion
        But if she remains on the books and keeps her discount card, then she can has cheezbuger.
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

The interview ("group assessment") went great, and tomorrow I'm gonna call all my listed references and tell them to be on the alert. I'm hoping to hear back this week either way, but I'm really hoping it'll be an invitation to a second interview.

PS There were only 3-4 other people there for the same store as me. It was a big thing with heaps of people, for many stores. And they had to send home a few people cos they'd put on their application that they were residents/approved to work, but they weren't. lol. "Applied for residency" is not the same as being a resident.
          Michael: Maybe you'll be inspired by the boat party tonight and start a career as a pirate.
          <3 Arrested Development

Comment

I got a second interview! It's next Wednesday. On the email, after the day/time/location, it says PLEASE WEAR FORMAL CLOTHES. All capitalized like that. Heh.

It's at a different place, with different people, than the first interview. So I'm gonna wash my outfit & wear the same one again... Any thoughts?
            <3 Arrested Development

Comment

That's the same process I went through for Woolworths/Safeway. A group interview, then a store interview with one of the managers.
              Since you've worked in retail before, you should be fine.
              If for any reason you're not satisfied with our service, I hate you.

Comment

I got the job! I start on Saturday!

Interestingly, I finish an 8-hour shift at my old job at 6:30am in the middle of the city, and have to be out in woop-woop (middle of nowhere) by 8am for a 9-hour induction for the new job. Maybe I'll just call old work and laugh. They'll figure it out when I don't show up. Probably.

Just kidding. I'm going in tomorrow to cover it.
                <3 Arrested Development

Comment

and and lots of
                  "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Working...
                  X