• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm on vacation! I'm on vacation!

Yeah, that's all
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Me too! My last day for nearly two weeks was saturday. Spending the first week at home, second of at a music festival.

You know, I almost went in today to mock my colleagues for having to work.
    Deepak Chopra says, "Fear deprives people of choice. Fear shrinks the world into isolated, defensive enclaves. Fear spirals out of control. Fear makes everyday life seem clouded over with danger.

Comment

If I still worked in the store I would consider stopping by to mock. But I don't so I won't. I'm only off for the week, but I have another week in September, and another in October (I have to use my vacation by October 20). Plus I get 3 floating holidays so I am calling my birthday a holiday, which gives me a 3-day weekend to boot!

I am planning to sleep, hopefully find an apartment, visit with my puppy, and see a few movies. Saw Hairspray last night, and I want to see the Simpsons and Harry Potter at the very least before the end of the week.

Comment

I just got off vacation

On the plus side, my parent's golden anniversary went OK, and I picked up a new hobby while I was out, so having everything break on me the day I got back was... well, not OK, but not unending torture, either.

Comment

I get to go on a mini vacation for Labor day. Taking fridayoff to drive to Atlanta for DragonCon!

Comment

I leave for the Ocean on Saturday. This is the longest week ever!

Comment

Lucky you guys.

I'm planning on taking my vacation in September.

There's a problem, though. My store manager and I think I have two weeks, and I've been asking him since the end of June to let me know. He still hasn't. :so angry I could cry:
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post

There's a problem, though. My store manager and I think I have two weeks, and I've been asking him since the end of June to let me know. He still hasn't. :so angry I could cry:
                That's annoying. Is there an HR number that you can call to find that stuff out? We have one, only problem is that I have until October 20 to use my time, and the automated system tells me I have to use it by September 30 because it only knows the end of the month (it didn't used to be that way, so I don't know why they changed it). So a couple years ago I lost vacation time because I didn't realize I really did have a few more weeks to use it! This year I get an extra week of vacation (after 5 years with the company**) which I didn't realize until a few weeks ago which is why I'm taking off a week each month for 3 months in a row. Next year I will space it out better.

**never mind that I've actually worked for them for nearly 9 years. I took a year off so the first 3 apparently don't count any more.

Comment

Wow. My paycheck tells me how much vacation time I have. Along with sick time and how much holiday time we'll have before the end of the year, too. I never have to ask.

^-.-^
                  Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                    That's annoying. Is there an HR number that you can call to find that stuff out?
                    He FINALLY told me yesterday. Two weeks.

Now I would like to know how many personal days I have so I can add it/them to my vacation time.
                    Unseen but seeing
                    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                    3rd shift needs love, too
                    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I'm on holiday too.

I've been spending time with my sister and her boys, as she's on vacation as well.

We get so busy that we haven't had a lot of time together.

I've been a little worried about her, as I think she may have depression. (The week before her holidays she missed 2 days of work because of anxiety attacks. She's like me...has to be practically dead before she'll call in.)

We've just spent the time relaxing.
                      Monday we went to the lake for a picnic, and spent some time walking around a small village where the lake is located, just browsing.

Last night, we took the boys to the drive-in for movies. (Harry Potter and License to Wed)
                      Today, I have to do a birthday cake (SpongeBob - I will post pictures)
                      Tomorrow, we're heading off to spend the day at the beach and then checking into a resort/hotel overnight, with plans to do more relaxing by the beach the next day before heading home again.

Just what we both needed.
                      Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Jenni no get vacation.

Students start coming in tomorrow. Sigh.
                        SC: “Yeah, Bob’s Company. I'm Bob. It's my company.” - GK
                        SuperHotelWorker made my Avi!!

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                          Wow. My paycheck tells me how much vacation time I have. Along with sick time and how much holiday time we'll have before the end of the year, too. I never have to ask.

^-.-^
                          That'd be nice. My check only tells me how much I've used.

Quoth Ree
                          I've been a little worried about her, as I think she may have depression. (The week before her holidays she missed 2 days of work because of anxiety attacks. She's like me...has to be practically dead before she'll call in.)
                          Ugh, I know what that's like. Been there, done that, got the prescription! Hugs to your sister!

I am also the type who only calls in dead. I'm more likely to go home early if I can't take any more (or one time I got sent home because I apparently looked so pale and tired; someone drove me because they didn't even want to let me drive the 2 miles to my house).

Comment

I'm on holiday too. I've been tidying and cleaning the house. Joy!
                            "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Quoth cinema guy View Post
                              I'm on holiday too. I've been tidying and cleaning the house. Joy!
                              For the last several years, there have been important house projects that needed to be done. Well, didn't always need to be done*, but I was tired of bland-white walls, or things like that.

The last couple years, I actually got away from things for a while. I forgot how good that felt.

* The new drainage and replacing the carpet and replacing the wood in the bathroom that was dissolving was important, however.

Comment

Working...
                              X