This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow, shopping carts are durable!

Aka: I am a moron. Didn't want to put this in sightings really as it took place in my shopping center.

Someone who worked for the grocery store was stacking carts in a haphazard way right behind my car, she didn't see me actually IN the car. Well she'd pushed one cart right behind my car, like in that 3-Year Old Danger Zone. The carts looked further away and not in such a high multitude as I thought they were so when the traffic cleared between them I punched in in reverse. Didn't realize a cart was right on my ass until I slammed them into a bunch of 10 carts, denting the back of my decade old car (thats already dinged up) and up onto the curb.

Boyyy today really hasn't been my day. I took it as proof that god hates me, and the carts were undamaged. But my trunk and my pride were She was completely cool with it, I offered to pay for any damaged carts but lord they were tough!

The carts at my store are utter crap-o-la. They're always breaking; particularly the handles.

There's a metal rod inside the handle that is held into place by plastic caps on the ends, and those caps keep coming off, the rods fall out, and the cart just pulls apart. Really great when you've got a child sitting in the seat.

Plus the platforms under the baskets like to break as well. They're so bad we are getting all new carts soon. And the ones we have now are only about 3 years old.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
      The carts at my store are utter crap-o-la. They're always breaking; particularly the handles.
      That's 'cause they're made of plastic. No one uses wire carts anymore. New things suck.
      You're not doing me a favor by eating here. I'm doing you a favor by feeding you.

Comment

Metal carts = durable = less replacements = less $$$ for manufacturer.

I have not actually seen plastic carts before. Maybe the supermarket chains around here have a standing order for them, or they have a couple hundred stored somewhere for new stores.
        Testing
        "I saw a flock of moosen! There were many of 'em. Many much moosen. Out in the woods- in the woodes- in the woodsen. The meese want the food. The food is to eatenesen."

Comment

Most of the stores around here are moving to plastic carts, and I don't like it. They're thicker, but feel like they hold less, so they're cumbersome for no improvements. Blech. Only good thing is plastic doesn't rust. Less "Iron oxide" contamination in my food
          Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Iron oxide ain't poisonous. It's in the water.
            You're not doing me a favor by eating here. I'm doing you a favor by feeding you.

Comment

Really my well water is hard(iron) water and we use it all the time and it hasnt had any ill effects on us.......

I hate those plastic carts too. Everyone of them I've seen has cracks in it at the stress points or otherwise. The metal ones at the other store I've seen get launched across the lot and bounce off the curb, light pole and other cars.

Comment

Quoth Sofar View Post
                Iron oxide ain't poisonous. It's in the water.
                Quoth Rahmota View Post
                Really my well water is hard(iron) water and we use it all the time and it hasnt had any ill effects on us.......

I hate those plastic carts too. Everyone of them I've seen has cracks in it at the stress points or otherwise. The metal ones at the other store I've seen get launched across the lot and bounce off the curb, light pole and other cars.
                Yes, guys, I know iron oxide is rust, and I know it's not poisonous, hence the "" smilie, I was just pointing out what is probably the only advantage a plastic cart has. It doesn't rust. Which keeps SCs from bitching about how their food is being ruined by these "horrible, crappy carts."
                Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

I hate those plastic ones. I am always seeing cracks in them
                  Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                  San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Oops, sorry. I've never really paid attention to smileys.

Comment

Working...
                    X