This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McClane

I'm not sure how big this company is, but do any of you have to deal with the blight upon the galaxy known as "McClane"? I HATE THOSE F'ING PEOPLE!

Are you talking about the trucking company? My BIL#1 works for them if that's the company you're talking about.

Comment

McLane? They're a mondo-ginormous retail wholesaler out of Texas, part of Blue Sun Berkshire Hathaway, and there's probably not much avoiding them.

My company works with a different outfit, Farner-Bocken out of good ol' Iowa, but I'm sure there's a lot of similarity between the two. I have found that any time a customer complains about merchandise being a.) out of stock, b.) nearly expired, c.) in their way because we wouldn't have room for the shit if we knocked out a wall or two, or d.) something they don't like (yet haven't tried), all I have to do is casually blame the problem on "Farner" and most people seem to be satisfied with the explanation.

On the other hand, even though we didn't ask for it, it sure was nice of them to ship us enough bottled water to last us through the next three nuclear winters.
      "Love keeps her in the air when she ought fall down, let's you know she's hurting 'fore she keens...makes her a home."

Comment

McLane?

I used to deal with them when i worked for Pizza Hut. They were the nicest people, and if we ever had a problem with an item(The occasional case of salad or a short of another item), they would pretty much fix it that day or the next day, as the other restraunts in the franchise had scattered delivery days.

A few of the extras they give us rock(KFC biscuits anyone?) And it kept us constantly stocked perfectly.

We used the east coast one in Upstate NY(I think thats where they are...)

Comment

Yeah, I really hate them. They always screw up our orders....they're transmitted electronically, and thaet means they can NEVER be screwed up...of course...sure...

And they're always shipping us extra crap that we don't want, and I guess it's part of our contract that we have to accept whatever they send us. It's kind of annoying. "Hey, here's those 5,000 cases of lunchables we couldn't find anything else to do with. Have at 'em!"

plus I called them once, I had to add something to an order...I was like "Hey this is J<<<>>> at <<<>>> and I need to add something to my order..."

And she was like "Oh, sorry, your order has to be in two days before your delivery date."

"Oh...has it already been shipped?"

"Nope."

"Have they started loading it?"

"Nope."

"Ummm...whats the problem?"

"It's our policy."

Grrrrrrr...come on do a customer a favor why doncha!

Comment

And they're always shipping us extra crap that we don't want, and I guess it's part of our contract that we have to accept whatever they send us. It's kind of annoying. "Hey, here's those 5,000 cases of lunchables we couldn't find anything else to do with. Have at 'em!"
            Sounds an awful lot like our soda vendors. They send in whatever they want and then take their sweet time getting it out of the backroom and stocking it.

Right now (or at least last time I checked) we have 5 ginormous pallets of soda lined up in front of one of our furniture backstocks. Half of it is Coke, which was not on sale last week, but that did not stop the vendor from bringing it in to sit for a week before it could be worked out.

As a result of this the furniture backstock looks like utter shit. Stuff is just piled all over. But when you're unloading the truck and everything has to be off the truck and backstocked before you leave, you're not going to waste time trying to move a bunch of soda and you probably can't anyway (the vendors have electric pallet jacks, we do not)

Receiving clerk is always grumbling about all the extra soda lying around, but she can't do anything about it. Contract says we have to take whatever the vendor sends us and can't send anything back unless it's damaged or outdated.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth DrFaroohk View Post
              do any of you have to deal with the blight upon the galaxy known as "McClane"?
              No, but I usually don't try to take hostages in an LA high-rise.

I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

Yippie-ki-yay, mutha...

...someone had to...
                "Love keeps her in the air when she ought fall down, let's you know she's hurting 'fore she keens...makes her a home."

Comment

Quoth Spiffy McMoron View Post
                  No, but I usually don't try to take hostages in an LA high-rise.

Quoth counterjockey View Post
                  Yippie-ki-yay, mutha...

...someone had to...
                  I was WONDERING how long...

Comment

Quoth Nutjob R/T View Post
                    I was WONDERING how long...
                    And now you know!

*And knowing is power!*

-Spiffy, who hates it when "School House Rocks" clips get stuck in his head
                    I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Comment

No no, knowing is half the battle!

Comment

*sings*

Conjunction Junction what's your function...

NightAngel- Whose singing will make you Die Harder With A Vengence...
                        "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
                        HellGate: London

Comment

I'm just a bill, and I'm sitting here on Capitol Hill.
                          Now I'm off to committee, in Capitol City.
                          *blanks*
                          "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth NightAngel View Post
                            *sings*

Conjunction Junction what's your function...
                            Quoth Juwl View Post
                            I'm just a bill, and I'm sitting here on Capitol Hill.
                            Now I'm off to committee, in Capitol City.
                            *blanks*
                            I hate you both so much...

Comment

I hate you both so much...
                              This is different from the norm, how?
                              "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Working...
                              X