X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• well I'm a dope arn't I

All I can say is I'm a dope/idiot/stupid head

I walked through the park to get to work, walking on the grass as I had thongs on (flip flops) and didn't want to kick up dirt into them.

Well I noticed a guy on a tractor spraying something onto the grass. Now I thought it was water, and it still didn't click when I passed him, he stopped and looked at me, he had a mask on, and white clothing. STILL didn't click, and he was prob telling me to get off the grass but I had ear phones in and music blasting so didn't hear him.

WELL I get to the other end of the park and what do you know, "keep off grass, chemical spray" DOH!

yah...I'm an idiot...to my credit I looked around to the other side and didn't see a sign there, but it's still no excuse oh well...if I grow another head I only have myself to blame
    I am evil, I should change my middle name legally TO evil, I'm proud of my evilness! Makes life fun! bwhaha

OMG!

That's sooo scary - that chemical could be toxic - you could get cancer. You need to find out exactly what they were spraying, go to the Dept of Health and get as much info on the stuff as you can.

'K, so I'm paranoid about toxins and chemicals. I took a course on them through Occupational Health and Safety, and the stuff we learned made us all really
    It's like I'm wearing Eau de Moron and all of the idiots and assholes are attracted to me... -JuniorMintz

Comment

Quoth Zinjadu View Post
      That's sooo scary - that chemical could be toxic - you could get cancer.
      Just about everything causes cancer.
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

chances are its not a real toxic or dangerous chemical. The reason for the guy wearing the mask is simple. He's on the tractor dealing with this spray and chemicals for hours straight, he has to dilute the chemical with water for spraying. He just doesn't want to spend multiple hours breathing in the chemical. I know that in our industrial park (where my shop is) most of the gardners tend to wear the masks when they are using the leaf blowers so they don't inhale the dust.

Remember that most of the real bad sprays have been outlawed. DDT, Malathayon and the such. They still use Methalbromyde (on strawberry fields) but the fields are covered in plastic before the chemical is pumped in. If it is a fertalizer, you may have problems with a chemical burn on your feet, but you should, hopefully be ok.

If you are concerned though, you can always contact the landscape company to find out exactly what type of chemical they were spraying. But if it is a area where people frequent, it should be pefectly safe.
        My Karma ran over your dogma.

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
          Just about everything causes cancer.
          I dunno, the best link I have found is that RESEARCH causes cancer. Everything else, just a catalyst because without the suspicion of cancer the research wouldn't be done.
          The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

Binky, don't feel too stupid. You could have done what my adviser did (I'm a grad student). Many years ago, he was working in an area not known for its safety. He was walking around a field, looking for rodents or something (he studies them), and realized someone was yelling and waving frantically at him. He wandered over, back to the other side of the fenced-off area he had been in. And noticed the signs warning of land mines.

Of course, this is the same guy that tried to multitask once by writing an email and talking on the phone at the same time. He wound up not only missing a *very* important meeting, but also erasing his hard drive. Just more proof that intelligence (he's brilliant) and common sense do *not* necessarily go together...

-K'Z'K
            Last edited by Ree; 11-06-2008, 03:34 AM.
            "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong."
            -Edward O. Wilson

Comment

Quoth Banrion View Post
              I dunno, the best link I have found is that RESEARCH causes cancer. Everything else, just a catalyst because without the suspicion of cancer the research wouldn't be done.
              Good point.
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth digilight View Post

Remember that most of the real bad sprays have been outlawed. DDT, Malathayon and the such.
                I believe malathion is still available...at least I believe that's what the DH uses around the house for the buggy critters.

If/when the rain ever stops, we're going to try this stuff called "Demon" that is supposed to be good against scorpions...wish us luck!
                Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Don't feel bad.

I've had off nights where I've walked right into the production area without my goggles.
                  You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Working...
                  X