This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have mad Homer Simpson skill

As you may have read from one of my previous posts, the wasterwater plant was FUBAR'd. Normally, that wouldn't have been too much of a problem. However, since three of the other operators are away for training, and another one is going on vacation, that left me all alone as sole operator.

New Guy + fukt plant
    = Catastrophe waiting to happen
    Murphy's Law

So it was up to me to get the plant back into a decent operating mode.

"How did you do it, Knightmare?" you may have asked yourself.

Easy.

I closed my eyes and pressed random buttons until things worked, a la Homer Simpson at the nuclear plant.

Press that button.. Oops! Alarm went off. Turn it back off. Press that one. Oh, good, that went up to normal levels. Oh, what's that? Where's the manual? Oh, that's not good. Okay, this will fix it.

All right, ya got me. It wasn't quite like that. I do know some stuff, and made some pretty good educated guesses on some things.
    So here I am to report that the plant is running almost normal again!

Want to know the best part? FDEP (FL Dept. of Environmental Protection) is making their inspection today (Thursday). Thanks to my Homer Button Pressing, we won't be in reject status.

I'd better get some cookies outta this.
    Age and wisdom don't necessarily go together. Some people just become stupid with more authority.

"Who put the goat in there? The yellow goat I ate."

Did you yell "D'oh" when you pressed the alarm button? Congratulations for un-FUBAR-ing the plant.
    It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office.
    ~~~H.L. Mencken

Comment

I'd give you a cookie, but I don't think it'll taste too good by the time the mail delivers it.

I love the Homer Simpson style. Better than Cave Man engineering (hit it)

Comment

Quoth draftermatt View Post
        I'd give you a cookie, but I don't think it'll taste too good by the time the mail delivers it.

I love the Homer Simpson style. Better than Cave Man engineering (hit it)
        Cave Man Engineering is still a great way of doings, if the Homer Simpson style doesn't work
        Under The Moon Paranormal Research
        San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

You are the bomb diggity.
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
          X