Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

we got our christmas truck in on tuesday..... it was big. about the same size as our regualr delivery. and nothing for my department. that comes with regular warehouse. so we have to pallets full of halloween product, and two of christmas....

Comment

Quoth GoldFinch View Post
      through the Halloween stuff they had when I turned down the next aisle and was smacked in the face with wreaths and garland..
      Dont'cha'know? The big costume this year is gonna be 'Santa's Sexy Elf worker'.
      Cause nothing says "Protect me from evil spirits" like a misanthropic Asian girl in red velvet.
      Well, I mean, she is good with the fear and intimidation techniques... maybe she could protect us from the evil spirits...
      (Aside: I'm referencing Aubrey from SomethingAwful for a reason there, that's the only reason I bring up her race)
      Last edited by Imogene; 08-23-2007, 04:13 AM. Reason: Clearification, CMA (in welts, preferably)
      "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
        I swear they send this stuff to us earlier and earlier. Pretty soon we'll have Christmas and Back to School running at the same time.
        Just wait until you get shipments in January and February--you won't know if they're late for this Christmas or meant to be stored for next Christmas.
        I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

Halloween died in the early 90's.

All the holidays died when "Easter Break" became "Spring Break" and "Christmas Break" became "Winter Holiday".

The only reason Thanksgiving still exists is so people can have off on the Friday afterwards to flood the stores and buy crap for Christmas.

Halloween is just a thing to get kids excited for the next two months. Because "CHRISTMAS IS COMING!!!!!!!"

Comment

Let's not even mention Black Friday this year. I requested time off SIX MONTHS in advance to avoid Black Friday. I will not be going through that again.

Comment

Quoth Neo_Classic View Post
              Let's not even mention Black Friday this year. I requested time off SIX MONTHS in advance to avoid Black Friday. I will not be going through that again.
              If only I had that option. At my store you do not get Black Friday off unless there's a family or personal emergency that comes up.

I had one co-worker hired for seasonal who decided she absolutely, positively, was not going to work on Black Friday. She told the managers, who laughed until they got a bellyache, and when they told her no she quit.

If you are being considered for a seasonal position, it is disclosed that you will need to work on Black Friday. If you say you can't, you don't get the job.
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Wow, and I thought my company shoved Christmas stuff down our throats early. We just got our 1st pallet of Halloween candy in Monday and I finished clearing all the summer stuff out of the back room Tuesday. We probably won't start getting Christmas in for another 3 weeks, which is good, because when it's clean (and it's not clean now) our back room will only store about 12 pallets while still leaving enough room to take in the 6 or 7 pallets of regular stuff we get each week.
                "Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." - Anonymous

"I thought I'd get your theories, mock them, then embrace my own. The usual." - Dr. House

Comment

Working...
                X