This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• REALLY bad timing!

This morning, a guy called in to put an Acer 9410 laptop on hold. Our last one. I made sure he was coming in today before agreeing to do that, then placed a Hold tag on the laptop, and another at the Service Desk along with the shelf tag (so no one else would askn me about it).

A few hours later, a customer came into the department. While I am helping him, Other Dave takes a department phone call. My customer wants "the $600 17 inch Acer".

Me: That's not the 9410, is it?

Cust: I don't know.

I went and fetched the shelf tag.

Me: Is it this one?

Cust: Yes.

Me: Well unfortunately, the only one I have is on hold for someone else.

He handled it well, and I ended up sending up to our sister location at the other end of town to get one there. Then I went to put the shelf tag back where it was and found the hold tag gone.

Me: Hey, where'd my hold tag go?

Cashier: Oh, Other Dave just threw it out.

Me: What? That was there for a reason. *fishes tag out of trash*

Me: Did you throw this out, Dave?

Other Dave: Yeah, the guy just called and said he didn't want it any more.

Me: are you kidding?

Other Dave: No.....why?

me: Damnit I just sent a guy up to [other store] because this one was on hold!

MOD: What happened?

*explains; MOD's shoulders sag visibly*

Elec Lead: Well look on the bright side: it might have gone out with no attachments.

Or....it could have gone out with 8......

This was nobody's fault. And I'm glad that the first guy at least had the courtesy to call and let us know he was no longer getting the item rather than leave us in the lurch. It was just a case of really bad timing, but it still pissed me off.
    Last edited by Dave1982; 08-18-2007, 02:36 AM.
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.
Working...
X