This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game-tape, baby!

I started a new job, and one of the training methods is for a trainer to mic you up, record your interactions with customers and follow you on camera. You totally know it's going to happen, and you're just supposed to act natural. You'd think it'd be something awful, but it's really not.

Anyway, I was mic-ed today and it was fun. I'm kind of a goof, I try and make just about anyone and everyone laugh. That's me all the time at work.

First customer I start talking to, I tell him before hand that our conversation is being recorded.

Customer: Oh why is that?
    Me: Computers can be used for so much more than homework and work. Today, people use computers for horrible things.
    Customer: Oh yeah...
    Me: So the government wants us to randomly record interactions with people as we sell these to get a feel for how they are going to be used.
    Customer: Really?
    Me: Oh yeah, but between you and me... I don't care if you're going to this computer to embezzle a lot of money.
    Customer: Well, I wouldn't do that.
    Me: Oh, I know. But, I'm just saying...
    Customer: Ok, well, I'm going to be doing manel Excel spreadsheets...
    Me: Hmm... I suppose you really can't secure WMDs with Excel, ok. Well this computer has *goes into normal sales mode*

After all was said and done, the customer asked me if we were really being recorded. I told him yes and that it was just for training purposes. He laughed at me and said "I'm glad you could have fun with it... it was fun listening to you."

The customer walked away and the phone rang, it was the trainer on the phone and he goes, "dude, you had me laughing so hard I couldn't hardly pay attention to anything you were saying."

Then one of the guys I started up with comes up to me and goes, "How did you get a name tag."

Me: Well, there was this really old, dangerous bridge... and a dragon at the other end. I know this is hard to believe, but it was even harder to slay the dragon to get my nametag. I really don't care for it... so I don't know why I risked my life for it. The things you do.

Once again I got a call from the trainer... "You're going to be put on game-tape more often because you're hilarious!"

For a couple of cutomers I grabbed the mic that was attached to my shirt, pulled it out a bit and said, "Could you please state your full name and date of birth into the mic?" I got a lot of laughs.
    When will the fantasy end? When will the heaven begin?

You're awesome.

I wish I could do stuff like that...and get away with it.
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
    X