This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ummm...wtf....?

For those who haven't read some of my other posts, my boss and I used to date years ago. It's made things a bit hard at work sometimes, but we've managed to put most of it aside and keep things working smoothly. And actually, lately we've been getting along pretty well since the store has been so busy and when it comes to the job we work together like clockwork.

So anyway, little back story - when we used to be together, for some odd reason we had this little code we had worked out and we used to leave each other these little love notes all the time.

Today I was cleaning up the office a little bit, and I looked under the keyboard because I saw a piece of paper sticking out, and there was this note, written in our code, that basically (I'll leave the code out) said that while she was sorry she hurt me, I was such a jerk after we broke up (I wrote a couple of tunes about how much I hated her) that it was my fault we could never be together after that.

WTF? What the hell brought that on? It's not like we've been fighting or arguing or anything like that, or that I've even given her any impression that I wanted her back. Granted, I've been REALLY nice at work, including picking up a lot of her duties, but that's more for the good of the job than anything to do with her (well a little bit...I've been TRYING to be nice so we can get along, again for the good of the store).

I don't even know what to make of that. I mean I know what she means but I don't get what exactly brought it up or why she felt the need to tell me that (or why not just e-mail it to me instead of involving our old stupid "code"?)

Weird stuff. Maybe she was just high that day...lol...

So wait, she said she was sorry about it, but its your fault that you can't be together again? Seems like she wants you back, but wants you to make the first move. What with using /your/ code. She was trying to be sweet? Talk about your Pastime Paradise there.
    Military Spouse Support.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
    Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

OK, I had a whole big long thing typed out, but it was not making sense. The major point is, Stress makes people crazy! That's all I can think of. I know I've done similar, particularly the week I put in 90 hours.
      The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

That's what I'm chalking it up to - just stress. I probably shouldn't have, but since she kinda initiated the conversation I DID get a chance to finally talk to her about some personal shit that I'd been wanting to get off my chest since she left me - 2 years ago. Kinda lame after all this time, but when she left, she just freakin' vanished on me. never heard from her again then one day she just returned as the manager, and flat out said "We need to keep this professional and pretend like we don't know each other."

So I guess it was kinda cool. Got a lot of stuff out of my system that I'd just been bottling up inside. She took it pretty well too, so I'm hoping things can finally be totally cool at the store.

Comment

Do you normally clean out your keyboard? Maybe it's an old letter. I wouldn't even worry about.

Comment

Quoth Plaidman View Post
            So wait, she said she was sorry about it, but its your fault that you can't be together again? Seems like she wants you back, but wants you to make the first move.
            That or is really trying to get him out of her system - but failing. And wrote that letter hoping she'll be done with things once and for all.

FTR, those letters don't work. I've tried. Ironically, also involving a former boss of mine. *sigh*

Comment

Working...
            X