This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TOO SOON!

We here at the newspaper just received our first piece of mail about...

A CHRISTMAS EVENT.

NOOOOOOOOO...

Last edited by NightAngel; 08-20-2007, 05:33 PM.
    "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

No, it's OK! It's almost September. I am honestly surprised you didn't start getting stuff in July!
    The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

But these are for CHRISTMAS EVENTS. Like church parties and things that aren't for four months. They're going to make us hold onto their events for FOUR MONTHS. We can only run them for two weeks prior to the event! I mean, at least in a store, stuff gets bought, but here we stuff them in a folder and have to file through them EVERY WEEK from now until we can actually RUN the damn thing!
      "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

Oh Yuck! Is there any way to set up a filing system or a log to keep track of them. Even a simple Excel Spreadsheet? Or an expandable folder, with subfolders for the weeks to start running these things? It does seem quite silly that they would expect you to hold onto these things for 4 months. I thought you were talking about ads.
        The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

:shudders:

In our lifetimes, Christmas advertising will be a year-long event.

Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
            In our lifetimes, Christmas advertising will be a year-long event.
            The advertising agent who thought of "Christmas in July" sales should be forced to work at every. Single. One of them. Even for stores that picked up the idea somewhere else.

It's the same principle as "engineers should fix the cars they design" and "Authors should read the books that they write."
            I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

Last year I was in a K-mart looking for school supplies (in August), and there were some Christmas things up. It's started

Comment

That is a cute cat, fat, but cute.

Comment

Kitty!
                  How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

We got in an ass-ton of glass Christmas ornaments on our truck yesterday. Along with Lemax village stuff and fake Christmas trees

We have to have the first half of Christmas set by the middle of next month. Oy vey.
                    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

This is one of the reasons I loath Christmas. It's pushed on people almost before school starts.
                      Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

Quoth Spiffy McMoron View Post
                        "Authors should read the books that they write."
                        *blink, blink* I tend to re-read my older stories every year or so, when I come across the hard copies I printed out just after the stroke. And I see painfully obvious ways I could've made the plot work better, or more details I could've added.
                        "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
                          I tend to re-read my older stories every year or so, when I come across the hard copies I printed out just after the stroke.
                          I meant that they were forced to read them after they were published, so that they could see any gaping plot holes/terrible grammar/annoying characters. (This is naturally aimed towards crappy authors. )
                          I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

Working...
                          X