This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow we finally got rid of those

So at work we sold Michael Vick footballs. Note the past tense. My roommate is having to work overnight, and she called me to tell me that all of the Michael Vick footballs have been recalled because they were offending customers. I thought we were going to put them on clearance personally, but I guess the order to recall them came from corporate. They weren't really selling even before he got caught so it worked out anyway.

Quoth Rocko View Post
    So at work we sold Michael Vick footballs. Note the past tense.
    That turned into past tense the moment he was arrested.

(For people not paying attention to the US social scene... one of our (former) star athletes got arrested, and just plead guilty to on dogfighting charges. Including killing dogs that didn't fight hard enough.)

Comment

Quoth Gurndigarn View Post

(For people not paying attention to the US social scene... one of our (former) star athletes got arrested, and just plead guilty to on dogfighting charges. Including killing dogs that didn't fight hard enough.)
      He was NFL, no? Maybe they should play tapes of him playing badly while torturing him so he can get an idea of what those poor poor animals experienced.
      The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Quoth Gurndigarn View Post

Rather, for people under a rock.... You can't get away from it.

Comment

I vote that we let the dogs have a crack at him for a while. Just for an hour or two, till they get tired.

I'd buy a Sports Illustrated if I could read about Michael Vick being mauled by chihuahuas and weiner dogs.
          "Love keeps her in the air when she ought fall down, let's you know she's hurting 'fore she keens...makes her a home."

Comment

Quoth Tria View Post
            If you live in the US, that is.
            Music: Last.fm
            Pwetty pictuwes: DeviantArt | Flickr

Comment

Quoth counterjockey View Post
              I vote that we let the dogs have a crack at him for a while. Just for an hour or two, till they get tired.
              Not a bad idea. Tie him to a stake, pour beef gravy over him, cry "Havoc" and let slip the dogs of war!
              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
              My LiveJournal
              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

yeah we just sold the footballs. As for the jerseys, I live in Southern California, so we don't see too many Atlanta Falcons stuff out here

Comment

Quoth Tria View Post
                  Apparently I am so far out of this loop, that the rock I'm under is under a larger rock... Not only did I not recognize the name, I didn't realize he was in trouble. But I hardly watch the news of my own accord.
                  "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth PaRaGaS View Post
                    If you live in the US, that is.
                    Actually it is on the news here in Oz as well
                    Be Nicer To Retail Workers 2K18, also known as: stop being an incredibly shitty human to people just doing their job.

Comment

Working...
                    X