This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cross your fingers for me!

I applied for a promotion at work. How you get promoted at the factory is they post open positions on a bulletin board and employees apply for them, kind of like applying for a job. HR evaluates the employee's record to make sure that they aren't on written warning or under any disqualifications for promotions, and then the supervisor for that job will interview the employees. They then decide who gets it.

I applied for a trainer position. Even though I haven't been there long, since I have picked up several different tasks, especially one in particular, and since I'm very friendly and easy going and good with new people, I figured I'd give it a chance. It can't hurt to try.

PLUS, even if you don't get it, it goes on your employee record and it makes you look good. So if you apply again for another position, you are more apt to get it the 2nd time around.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Fingers and toes crossed for you! And I like the policy of noting such things on one's records, it lets them get an idea who is truly interested in working up in the company and considering it for the long haul as opposed to someone who is just there to pick up a pay check.

Guild Wars- Ravynn Darkshine, Drasnian Silk
    MySpace- PhantasmBastion

Comment

Good luck. It's great to get into a company that loves to promote from within.

(So I've been told)

Comment

Good luck!

Thats exactly how my company does it.. they'd rather hire from within than get people from outside the company

Comment

It's generally a better way to do it instead of doing outside hires. Except for CEO's. Those they like to use outside hires for.
          Jim: Fact: Bears eat beets. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
          Dwight: Bears don't eat bee... Hey! What are you doing?
          The Office

Comment

Good luck!
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Good luck... and I think it's a wise decision to try to move up where you're already working.

My experience is that the first promotion is the hardest. Once you get a reputation as someone who's moving up, things seem to get easier.

I'm in my fourth position in less than two years. People notice that.
              I was neat, clean, shaved and sober, and I didn't care who knew it. -- Raymond Chandler

Comment

The job I went for yesterday only promotes internally as well. Good luck!

Dragonlover
                You have no idea how many ponchos can fit in a box- Me, after may first day at the warehouse

Comment

*bump*

I GOT IT!

I am now the youngest trainer in the whole factory.

Booya!
                  You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Congrats!!!
                    hea·then [hee-thuhn] noun
                    1. an unconverted individual that does not acknowledge the God of the Bible.
                    2. an irreligious, uncultured, or uncivilized person.
                    3. the children of NotSoInnocent.

Comment

Good for you Blas!!!

Comment

Congrats Blas!

Comment

Congratulations, Blas. Also, good luck with training other employees.
                          My Fanfic Page
                          My Fiction Page
                          My Social Group
                          My Pet Social Group
                          My You Tube Channel

Comment

Well done! You should be very chuffed with yourself - know you'll knock em dead
                            The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Congratulations.

In my previous position at the cable company, I got to do a lot of "mentoring" which basically involved hanging out in the training room and helping out where needed. I've like most of what I've done at the company, but that was by far my favorite duty.
                              I was neat, clean, shaved and sober, and I didn't care who knew it. -- Raymond Chandler

Comment

Working...
                              X