This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank You Note

So in my job as bookseller I sometimes get odd requests. For instance, a 95-year-old lady called and asked for a list of the "DVD records" we sell (I finally talked her down to classic movies, as we have no way to print a list of everything we sell) and spent 3 hours making up, typing, and mailing a list. I am a sucker for these sorts of requests even though I am not obligated to fulfill them. In fact, my manager said she would have refused (come on, she's 95, how could I say no??)!

Another odd request comes from an incarcerated gentleman who periodically asks for updated lists of the manga and graphic novels we have. I can't turn down a fellow manga reader so I spend a couple hours a month making up and mailing his lists and processing his orders as they come in.

Last week I got a thank you note. From his Mom.
    https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

come on, she's 95, how could I say no
    You'll wish you did when her 75 year old daughter finds out that you did it for her mom and then asks you to do it for her for Big Bands and then when her 55 year old wants you to do it for her in do-wop and her 35 year old daughter wants it done for her in 80's metal and her daughter, the 13 year old, wants all you have in pop.

I can hear it now. 4 generations of suck. "But you did it for my mooooooom!"
    Last edited by bigjimaz; 08-29-2007, 08:58 AM.
    This isn't an office. It's Hell with fluorescent lighting.

Comment

Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
      Another odd request comes from an incarcerated gentleman who periodically asks for updated lists of the manga and graphic novels we have. I can't turn down a fellow manga reader so I spend a couple hours a month making up and mailing his lists and processing his orders as they come in.

Good for you, and good for his mom.

(It's a shame HE couldn't have sent you a thank you note, but...hey...at least you got one!!!!!! )
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth AnaKhouri View Post

See, these kids don't learn manners and see where they end up! Let that be a warning to you all. Write your Thank Yous and stay out of jail!!
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

That's so sweet in a really funny kind of way.
          Quote Dalesys:
          ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Working...
          X