This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally - No Kid policy at work

HR finally sent out a company wide email saying that we are not a daycare center. We had a manager bringing her kid to work every day, and sitting at one of her worker's desks (which happened to be empty since she hadn't replaced the guy who left... but when a second person left, they were replaced in days... hmm... why would she want an empty desk??) talked about in this post http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ad.php?t=14971

It only took a couple *months* of her bringing her kid to work for this to happen. Now I'm waiting to see how long it takes for her to fill that empty desk her son always sat at....

Ew. Just imagine what bodily fluids and solids might be attached to the desk.
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
      Ew. Just imagine what bodily fluids and solids might be attached to the desk.
      You just had... *URP* to... mention it...

Ah, much better. Betcha she bitches and tries to get the policy reversed first before filling the spot, though.
      ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
      And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Quoth JustADude View Post
        You just had... *URP* to... mention it...
        That's what I'm here for!!
        Unseen but seeing
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

OK, I used to occasionally hang out at my mom's work, on days off from school or whatever, but every day?! and I'd just bring a book and find a chair and keep myself occupied...
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Bookstore, that's what my problem was. When she had all 4 desks filled, her son would either sleep in her office and someone was demoted to sitting for 8 hours and putting labels on folders, or checking each file to make sure it was in the right place... just busywork, really.

I don't know if she is fighting this or not... but it is an odd coincidence that this email comes out right after summer break is over and people go back to school...

Comment

Well, we'll think something's fishy if they stop that policy for breaks and next summer.
              Unseen but seeing
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                Well, we'll think something's fishy if they stop that policy for breaks and next summer.
                Whaddaya mean "think"? We'll know the policy was just created to make the issue of children coming to work moot when they are supposed to be in school.
                Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                  Whaddaya mean "think"? We'll know the policy was just created to make the issue of children coming to work moot when they are supposed to be in school.

OK, I'll stop being nice and just say what I mean.
                  Unseen but seeing
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                  X