X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• an experiment must be performed

so far I have noticed that:
    me wearing uniform top with trousers and ponytail or loose hair= me getting suck.
    Me wearing uniform jumper with skirt, tights and bunches = not getting suck.

I wonder if it's the fact I like like a 14 year old school-girl in the latter outfit, and people are less inclined to be sucky at a 14 year old schoolgirl- or at least someone who reminds them of one.

I feel there should be a way of seeing if my hypothesis is correct in a scientific way. Suggestions?
    Deepak Chopra says, "Fear deprives people of choice. Fear shrinks the world into isolated, defensive enclaves. Fear spirals out of control. Fear makes everyday life seem clouded over with danger.

If you want to be oogled at by much older men...........be my guest.

Being treated like crap is just the same as being treated like a sex object. There's no winning either way.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

It was less the sex object thing (no-one on earth could think of me as a sex object in THAT jumper, even my boyfriend, a self-proclaimed pervert doesn't), and more... I don't know. I just saw myself in the mirror in that outfit and I look so cute and young and innocent I think people don't want to see me cry, as I'm reminding them of their grand-daughters...

So that wasn't what I was meaning at all, basically. More that I've noticed when I look like a denizen of one of the local schools I get much less shouty and hassle, and much more
      'Oh you're a good girl' and 'well done!' and I'll take mild condescension over threatened beatings any day.
      Last edited by GingerBiscuit; 09-07-2007, 08:00 PM.
      Deepak Chopra says, "Fear deprives people of choice. Fear shrinks the world into isolated, defensive enclaves. Fear spirals out of control. Fear makes everyday life seem clouded over with danger.

Comment

Well when you put it that way, lol...you're right.
        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth GingerBiscuit View Post
          I feel there should be a way of seeing if my hypothesis is correct in a scientific way. Suggestions?
          Simple. For the next two weeks, alternate your clothing. Pants/top one day, jumper the next. Every day, keep track of sucky customers. If possible, vary the scores--2 points for a truly sucky customer (Wanting a refund on a purchace for a pair of pants if you work at a bakery, for example.), 1 point for a kinda sucky customer (Wanting a "just because I'm special" discount), and 1/2 a point for a slightly annoying customer. ("How much are the CD's in the $5 bin?")

At the end of the two weeks, tabulate the scores in each category, and compare the two. If you have more points in one category, or if the scores are about the same, you'll know the answer to your question.
          I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

Surely you will require some sort of control, enlist the help of a co worker to tally all incidents while maintaining a constant appearance.
            A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Working...
            X