This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Admitting Fault

Do you ever screw up in some way at work, but there's a very good explanation for it and you probably wouldn't get in any trouble for it if you just offered up the explanation, but you opt to just flat out admit you screwed up so as to score a few extra points with the boss for being responsible about it, admitting and owning up to it, being all "stand up" about it and stuff?

Quoth DrFaroohk View Post
    Do you ever screw up in some way at work, but there's a very good explanation for it and you probably wouldn't get in any trouble for it if you just offered up the explanation, but you opt to just flat out admit you screwed up so as to score a few extra points with the boss for being responsible about it, admitting and owning up to it, being all "stand up" about it and stuff?
    In the past I've found that admitting the mistake and THEN giving your explanation if you have one works. Giving your explanation first will look like a cop out.
    I know nothing and I can prove it!

Comment

Quoth Jadedcarguy View Post
      In the past I've found that admitting the mistake and THEN giving your explanation if you have one works. Giving your explanation first will look like a cop out.
      I found that was the best way for it also
      Under The Moon Paranormal Research
      San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Yes. I agree.
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Agreed. I'd even go so far as 'admit the mistake, suggest a way of correcting it and offer to do it, then give the explanation'.
          Seshat's self-help guide:
          1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
          2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
          3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
          4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

My conversations tend to go:

Me: I just fouled up.
            Boss: How bad?
            Me: Pretty bad.
            Boss: How'd you manage to do it?
            Me: I'm a f**k-up.
            Boss: Ha ha. Get it fixed and don't do it again, ok?
            I was neat, clean, shaved and sober, and I didn't care who knew it. -- Raymond Chandler

Comment

Working...
            X