This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You're a 100% wrong

I'm at work yesterday, and we got our Mac store. It's pretty cool, small, but cool. I like playing on the Macs, and more and more I wish I didn't buy the Toshiba I have. Even though, I have a REALLY nice laptop. Anyway!

So we have a customer comes in and sees the price for the Mac Base Station and doesn't want to pay that kind of money. Really... who could blame him?

The guy from cameras who is a self-proclaimed expert on Apples is arguing with the guy that he can't get a different router because he can't run the installation disc on a Mac. Which is true...

So I walk over since computers are still my territory.

Camera Dude: Can you tell this customer that he can't set up a linksys or netgear router on a mac because the discs aren't compatible?

Me: No, I can't. You can still set up a linksys or netgear router on your mac.

Camera Dude: You're a 100% wrong, and I know this for a fact.

Me: No, I'm right. If you can't use the installation disc, there's more than one way to set up the router. Just use your internet browser... safari... firefox, whatever you have and go to http://192.168.1.1 and set up the router from there.

Camera Dude: Do you even own a mac?

Me: No. But, macs and PCs all use the same universal 802.11b/g/n signal.

After that the customer basically told camera dude "bye" and only dealt with me. And really, who basically throws a fit like that in front of a customer? I would've been appalled at his attitude if I were the shopper... I probably wouldn't have dealt with anyone else and just left.
    When will the fantasy end? When will the heaven begin?

Put in a complaint, seriously, noone has the right to question your judgement on the shop floor infront of a customer, its hostile, its damaging and just plain wrong!

Off the shop floor, not a problem as long as they're not a proper wally about it, but on the floor, never.
    A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

...the hell? Every router I have ever set up (save for one horrific Verizon DSL routner) has ALWAYS called for an in-browser, platform agnostic setup. If anything, setup on a Mac is going to be far easier than on a Windows machine (talking from personal experience here).
      "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Working...
      X