This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This was not in the job description

I've been working the graveyard shift at the university library (we close at 2am sun-thurs.) for the past few weeks which entails besides my regular duties to lock up the building. Well that's the official version, I've noticed a few add ons to that since all the other departments are closed for the night, alright some of them are because students are stupid.

Printer whisperer:

Three printers decided that they were out of paper the exact same time, on opening the slots it turned out there was plenty. Isn't technology fun?

I bestow upon you the internet:
    Apperantly after 10pm only I can figure out how to access the school's wifi. It's not that hard people. Am I the only one who's read the directions? And your parents are paying how much for you to be here?

Here's a map and a compass, the exit is that way:
    There's a large map, with pretty colours in plain view. I know some of you are new, but the rest of you should have figured out where all the buildings are by now! Especially you sir, I've seen you around campus for a while. The biology building is right across from us.

On a side note, for the last time we can't take your outgoing mail but I will tell you where you can find a mailbox.

I could've sword I asked for your ID:
    There will always be a few idiots who insist on reciting their ID number instead of showing their actual university ID or something else with their picture on it. Yes this is necessary, I know it would be just as simple to type in the number. People have had their stuff stolen on occasion I'm not doing this for my health and you weren't nice enough for me to bend the rules and have you recited your address for me.

Soon I'll be back to regular hours and some of this will be someone else's problem, now if I only knew where the dvds vanished to and how to get there.
    How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Quoth Soulstealer View Post
    And your parents are paying how much for you to be here?
    That's why they're there. Cuz mom and pops know that junior is teh stoopid!
    I know nothing and I can prove it!

Comment

Am I the only one who's read the directions?
      More than likely.
      I for one salute this parkade ninja of yours. ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

And your parents are paying how much for you to be here?
        Scary thought coming up.

Maybe they're paying their OWN way through college.
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

On the printer thing: For whatever reason, the HP 5 Laserjet I've got sitting on my desk at work gives a message on my screen about being "out of paper" for every single problem that ever comes up to make it not print.

Paper jam? I get an "out of paper" pop up.
          Toner low? I get an "out of paper" pop up. (well, not any more. I turned that 'feature' off)
          System lock up? I get an "out of paper" pop up.

Oh, yeah, and if I run out of paper, I get an "out of paper" pop up, too.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
            Scary thought coming up.

Maybe they're paying their OWN way through college.
            There are those who do, but the ones I'm venting about in the post aren't. I guarantee you that they've not had a day's worth of job experience under their belt.
            How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Working...
            X