This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inventory Woes

So, I'm the only one at the hobbyshop who is doing inventory...for the whole entire store. I'm sick of it! I don't want to do it! I don't want to be their inventory bitch anymore! I just did over half the store to catch up on inventory that has been backed up for a YEAR. That's right, a YEAR. You're supposed to do one section a month. And then, after I got all of that done, my boss tells me that we have been doing it wrong the entire time so I have to do it over again!

I love my boss, but sometimes he's oblivious. I just want a break to freakin' clean my house! We have company coming all the way from Denver and I don't want them sleeping in a mess! I have a long list of stuff to do and I can't do it when I'm at work all the time. Or at my parent's house...that's another story. I still haven't packed up all of my stuff. I spent an entire 3 day weekend watching my parent's house and I still didn't have time to pack my stuff up! I'm so overwhelmed!
    Check out my cosplay social group!
    http://customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=18

Sing it, sister! I hear ya.

For some reason, I am the inventory bitch at my store as well. Its a thankless job, its hard work, and because I'm the one who reports our discrepancies to the manager, I am often (peripherally) blamed for them. Shoot the messenger and all that.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Grrrrrrrr! And then the customers!

You're sitting there, scanning away, trying to keep track of where you are and then some needy-as-hell asshole comes up to you and asks where something is, or what your opinion is on which product. There are 2 employees that aren't as busy as I am, but you chose ME to bother? Is this because I'm a woman? Is this because you were so needy with your mom when you were a kid that you have related me to her and now must bother me because I am a woman like your mother so I couldn't possibly be mad at you for interrupting me at my work?

I need a break. I'm about to bite someone's head off, chew it up, swallow it, digest it, and then crap it out on their mother-who-coddled-them's doorstep in a bag and then light it on fire, ring the doorbell, and run like mad!

Comment

At my last factory job, it was only 1 person, and I was him. It is a pain in the ass. Everyone taking a product and then that stack is off, from what I counted. Then I get in trouble for it. Don't know why, we couldn't do it after work. I always went back and counted everything over again. But still, I would get into trouble for it.
        Under The Moon Paranormal Research
        San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Quoth powerboy View Post
          At my last factory job, it was only 1 person, and I was him. It is a pain in the ass. Everyone taking a product and then that stack is off, from what I counted. Then I get in trouble for it. Don't know why, we couldn't do it after work. I always went back and counted everything over again. But still, I would get into trouble for it.
          That's really lame. I can't stand managers like that.

Comment

Quoth powerboy View Post
            That's so annoying. I don't know how they expect an accurate count when people are still working while you're counting and might need that stuff! And then to yell at you for it?

B&N does inventory twice a year (4 times in the music department) but they have an outside company do the actual counting, and they do it overnight (usually start in the back around 9 or so, then by the time they are ready to get onto the floor the store is closed). The employees are just there to find missing SKU numbers and stuff like that, and to do random audits of sections to make sure they aren't screwing up, and then clean up the debris that gets left behind.
            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
            X