Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you ever quoted Aristotle in a resignation letter?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
    I can see the signs now:

"Will philosophise for food."

Rapscallion
    i have a homeless friend who does just that.... and can actually make some half-decent cash on a quantum-physics rant
    Last edited by siead_lietrathua; 09-19-2007, 12:43 PM.
    Siead

Hobby Twitter.

Comment

If it ever gets so bad I quit this job and find a different one, I think I will be quoting the great philosopher Johnny Paycheck.

"Take this job and shove it"
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

"To quote the great philosopher Aristotle, 'All paid jobs absorb and degrade the mind.' "

Have you noticed how a lot of people with college educations who live off the largess of others use this sort of reasoning to try and detract from the fact that they are bums?

I read a great book once called The Morning River by (I think) Michael Gear. Picture this loser in the OP's post as the main character (cuz this was the very first thing I though if when reading that post) who ends up forced into servitude on a river barge on the american frontier during the 17 or 1800's(can't remember...probably 1800's).

On a visceral level, it was fun to watch the pompous little sh#t get The Big Life Lesson literally beaten into him. But all that aside, it was a wonderful, rich story about how a man's ideals get forced into the meat grinder of real life. Higher ideals against harsh, cold reality. And actually, a really, really "make you smile, cry, yell, and smile again" kind of story. Watching the title character grow up and learn about life was a really good read on many levels.

We can only hope this poor sad putz is as fortunate. Maybe he'll grow up.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
          If it ever gets so bad I quit this job and find a different one, I think I will be quoting the great philosopher Johnny Paycheck.

"Take this job and shove it"
          Hey, if you're gonna do it, go all out and quote the entire thing:

"You better not try to stand in my way as I'm walking out the door.
          Take this job and shove it. I ain't working here no more."

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
          Still A Customer."

Comment

The last job that I quit, I just called and told my supervisor I quit and would be in to pick up my stuff and he could take it up with the head office if he wanted to know why.

I also got unemployment, so
            Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

This seems as good a time as any for us to ponder Socrates' famous last words:

"Why isn't anybody else having punch?"
              "Love keeps her in the air when she ought fall down, let's you know she's hurting 'fore she keens...makes her a home."

Comment

Working...
              X