X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cross your fingers, please...

I am looking for a new job.
    The thought of going through the holiday season where I am now (and who I work with) makes me ill.

I have had several interviews and three are standing out.
    I would take any of the three, if the money is right.

I am supposed to hear back from my number one choice today, my number two choice on Monday and unsure about the number three choice (they are backed up in HR).

These are all brand new stores. I am very excited, but my low self esteem likes to creep in and make me think of all these reasons I wont get a new job.

Sigh.
    "There is no rehab for stupidity." --Chris Rock
    "You learn something new and stupid every day you work in retail."--IhateCrappyTire

Ah, low self-esteem, something I know well, and have found several work-arounds for. You said these were newer stores, correct? New, newish? Then the appropriate thought is "They've lost many people who were recently trained for these new stores, as the job isn't what they thought it would be, and since the initial hiring rush died down, they're probably lacking applicants! They'd take a dog if it could turn in the application filled out!"

Now, low self-esteem aside, if I remember correctly, you've been at your current place for a while (at least a year, no?) and that's apparently the bar for stability and dependability lately, which is a big plus, and you know what you're doing, which is a second big plus. They'd be stupid to not make the offer. *crosses fingers* Good luck!
    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

*crosses fingers, toes, eyes....*

Good luck!

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
      X