This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salary Cap

does anyone else's place of business have a salary cap? for example, lets say my raises for the past 7 years has been .25 cents a year. but now, if i get that raise, that will put me over how much the company is willing to pay an hourly employee. after that (since i cant just not get raises) i only get a smaller percentage, say maybe a nickel, every year.

what i dont get is this: how is that fair? everyone will still be getting the same 25 cent raise (theoretically.) im in a supervisory position; shouldn't that count for something? if im doing supervisor work but getting less of a raise than everybody else, isn't that kinda like saying my job/position/title isnt worth the money anymore?

i guess it doesn't particularly matter, since i don't plan on making a career outta the B&N, but i was just curious if this is something unique to B&N, which i doubt, and how other people see it.
    Kim: She's got one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel.

I'd like to exercise my constitutional right to not give a fuck.

My sister has it as a cashier in a convenience store. At the moment, she's not eligible for any raises unless she gets a promotion... she's been there 10 years or so.

My view is that she have applied for a promotion a long time ago. Her view is that she loves her job, and doesn't want the responsibility.

She wins the battle... at her pay rate, becoming an asst. manager would get her a whopping quarter an hour raise and a bunch more responsibility.

I still my view wins the war... today asst. manager, tomorrow full manager. But I'm considerably more ambitious.
    I was neat, clean, shaved and sober, and I didn't care who knew it. -- Raymond Chandler

Comment

We get paid minimum wage. It only increases if the government put it up.

The only way to get more is to become a team leader (of which there are 3, so only if one of the existing ones leaves).
      "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

One thing to remember is that (all else being equal) after a few years the amount of time you have worked somewhere makes little difference.
        There's no such thing as a stupid question... just stupid people.

Comment

Working...
        X