This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oveture

Well, as the title suggests, I did my first shift on my new job yesterday (a day-shift so the SM could make sure I survived my shakedown shift) and damned if it didn't include every type of Sucky Convenience Store Customer mentioned on these boards, as well as a few rare, exotic species, such as the Rambling Redneck Cowboy (complete with horse-trailer and Got Bit By A Snake story) and the Boost Mobile Old Guy (Open red track suit with pants up to his armpits, golf cap, sneakers, and gaudy jewelery). Also got a drive-off and an attempted scam-artist.

One completely unprecedented thing did happene to me, though. After I met the first Crabby Old Lottery Guy of what I'm sure will be many (according to the SM, there's at least 6 at this store that hit at different times) I'd ticked him off on my checklist only to have him come back and APPOLOGIZE for getting snappy with me because I sold a ticket-number he wanted on his favorite lotto.
    ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
    And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Isn't that one of the signs of the end of the world?

Comment

Quoth JustADude View Post
      (Open red track suit with pants up to his armpits, golf cap, sneakers, and gaudy jewelery)
      I think I know him.
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth morgana View Post
        Isn't that one of the signs of the end of the world?
        Nah, just means the moon turned blue that night.

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
        I think I know him.
        Unfortunately, he's a regular.
        ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
        And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

One completely unprecedented thing did happene to me, though. After I met the first Crabby Old Lottery Guy of what I'm sure will be many (according to the SM, there's at least 6 at this store that hit at different times) I'd ticked him off on my checklist only to have him come back and APPOLOGIZE for getting snappy with me because I sold a ticket-number he wanted on his favorite lotto.
          I've had a couple of those back in the day. One of them would give me a death glare if I asked if there was anything else, and eventually he got sick of it and said he wouldn't come back. (Thank gord he was actually true to his word!) His wife was equally crabby.

Another one got thrown out of the store when he argued about how much he'd won on a scratch ticket. This was before the days of having to scan them, but even if I had that ammo, he would've still argued. The argument? He actually won $1, but since the ticket name had the word "DOUBLER" in it, he insisted that every prize has to be doubled. Never mind that the "doubler" area said "single prize" under it. Noooo, that wasn't good enough...and that marked one of the few times my jerkwad manager actually backed me up on something.
          "Well, ergo cogitum daltitum e pluribus shut your piehole." -Mike Rowe

Comment

Unfortunately, he's a regular.
            :comforting pats: there, there™®
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
            X