X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Handbook:
    8 Pd Sick Days
    8-12 Pd Holidays
    14+ Pd Vacation Days (I accrue something like 4 weeks a year, now)
    Medical + Dental
    401k at 1 Year

Undocumented:
    Easter Grocery Gift Card
    Thanksgiving Grocery Gift Card
    Christmas Bonus (not all years, but most)
    End of Fiscal Year Bonus (1st time this year. it must have really been a great one)
    Free random breakfast from the break truck
    Free random bagels and cream cheese
    Free random root beer floats
    Free random ice cream bars
    Free random pizza
    Free random whatever, including but not limited to: shoes, wrenches, sponges, cosmetics, hats, jackets, CueCats, laser pointers, organizers, etc.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Prior to me buying business (I was manager for this part)

Handbook:
      401K with Matching employeer contribution up to 500 bucks a year immediatly vested
      Medical/Dental/Vision with employeer paying 75% of the cost
      vacation(1 wk for 1-2 yrs, 2 wks for 3-5 yrs, 3 wks for 5-10 yrs, 4 wks for 11+yrs)
      sick leave - 1 wk per year

undocumented:
      Vacation could be taken in any size chunk that you wanted, missed 30 minutes for a doc appt, you can use vacation to keep your check at 40hrs for the week. And this did not have to be approved in advance.

You could run a tab against your vacation, need to use more vacation then you have on the books, you could have negative vacation hours.

Employer gave loans numerous times to different employee's for personal reasons.

employer would get a bug up his ass and pick up starbucks for the office on occasion

employer would order pizza for the office at times

End of year bonus (personal check so no taxes)

free copies (within reason)

you could buy any computer parts wholesale at company cost from vendors, just place order and give the boss a check when the invoice comes in. I built a couple of computers this way.

Boss's wife worked on the navy base and would get military discounts on tickets, she would pick those up for us from time to time when we asked.

Boss liked to go home by 1pm so you do the math.
      My Karma ran over your dogma.

Comment

Handbook:
        20% staff discount
        Pizza on Halloween
        Allowed to wear tinsel for christmas

Real:
        All the written off food we could want, first dibs on sales and coupons.
        Deepak Chopra says, "Fear deprives people of choice. Fear shrinks the world into isolated, defensive enclaves. Fear spirals out of control. Fear makes everyday life seem clouded over with danger.

Comment

Found a couple more yesterday

handbook:
          -5% discount on the not-KFC* next door (with the same owners)

reality:
          - extra nuggets on not-KFC orders
          -dibs on any vendor gifts that the boss doesn't want (e.g. yesterday I scored a radio/pedometer)

*it's not KFC, it's a chain that tries to be KFC. The boss wants to buy more franchises, so far he just has the one.

Comment

Hmm...letsee:

Arcade (Dream Machine if anybody is curious)

Documented:
            Mall employee discounts
            10 free tokens/day
            Free LAN time

Undocumented:
            Free candy within reason
            Free play on non-ticket games as long as no paying customers wanted to use it.
            Ability to run quick errands within the mall when the store was slow.
            Extremely flexible scedule.
            LAN time/games during work if the store was slow enough.
            Supervisors/mangers could stay after work and play games.
            And a whole bunch of other things that I'm forgetting...that was the best job I've ever had, by far.

Clothing/Dept. Store

Documented:
            10% discount anytime
            20% discount on certain weekends throughout the year.
            Personal days after a certain amount of time worked (1/year after 1 year for part time I belive)
            Holiday pay on certain holidays (1.5x time if working, 4 paid hours if not)
            A few other small things.

Undocumented:
            The store manager loved to use petty cash to buy lunch/dinner for the store on holidays.
            Occasional employee pot-lucks.
            Moderatly flexible scedule (I was able to get all the time off I wanted, it was a matter of knowing how to talk to the ops manager)
            man...nature...technology
            mensch...natur...technik

Comment

Working...
            X