This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just.. SHUT UP already!

I suppose every job has them... that one person that just won't leave your shadow alone.... y'know, the socially estranged folk who will talk your ear off if you think you give even the slightest sign of a damn.

Now that that person and add the "my religion is this" label to it.

There's a co-worker that not only will tell you his/her (yay, ambiguity!) life story in the fist two minutes upon meeting him/her... then proceed to go "Yeah, my religion keeps me from doing X..."

I kid you not, I was having a conversation about banks with a co worker (I was having an issue with my old bank and got pretty screwed over) when this person pipes in with its "Yeah, being (follower of such religion), I can't do such and such."

I just glared at him/her with the "and what does THAT have shit to do with a bank?" glare, then went back to business.

Its sad, but I happen to look forward to the days this person doesn't work just so I don't have to hear the shit this person tells our customers. (I feel sooooo sorry for them at times. No one should put up with "my ex-husband did... but my religion..." crap.

I'm two syllables away from slaughtering the person.

[/rant]
    "The problem isn't usually that there are stupid people in the world as much as it is that the stupid people like to call or come in and point out how stupid they are to the working public" -Justa

I'm sorry, but unless you are working for a church or a religious organization, then religion does not belong in the workplace. I've found that many people (well, in the professions I've held anyway) claim that they are good *insert religion here*, but the minute something doesn't jive with the way they think things should be going, they are the first to fly off the handle rather than dealing with things as a reasonable person would.

And the last thing I need if I'm going to the bank, the grocery store, or wherever, is somebody who talks too much about their religion or complains about how so and so is a member of a different church or religion.
    Suddenly, Vermont became the epicenter of the dystopia.

Comment

Quoth GolfCart34 View Post
      I'm sorry, but unless you are working for a church or a religious organization, then religion does not belong in the workplace. I've found that many people (well, in the professions I've held anyway) claim that they are good *insert religion here*, but the minute something doesn't jive with the way they think things should be going, they are the first to fly off the handle rather than dealing with things as a reasonable person would.

And the last thing I need if I'm going to the bank, the grocery store, or wherever, is somebody who talks too much about their religion or complains about how so and so is a member of a different church or religion.
      We essentially book vacations for people.

I don't know what that has to do with its religion....I don't even know if I have the right to complain about that either because this person might pull the 'its freedom of speech' crap.
      "The problem isn't usually that there are stupid people in the world as much as it is that the stupid people like to call or come in and point out how stupid they are to the working public" -Justa

Comment

Quoth AnqeiicDemise View Post
        'its freedom of speech' crap.
        Well, there's always the "hostile work environment" return salvo. If your boss refuses to make this guy drop it, just say that you feel persecuted based on differing beliefs, because this guy is implying that he's better than you because of his religion, and your boss is allowing it. And besides, freedom of speech just means that the government can't make you not say something. Your boss can do it all they want.
        Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Working...
        X