This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snake in the Building

My company was informed today that a member of the cleaning crew saw a snake in our office lobby over the weekend. We sent the men to look for it, but turned up nothing. I'm glad my office chair is big enough that I can sit cross legged in it.

Cue the Snakes On A Plane jokes...
    Civilized men tend to be ruder than savages because they know they can be impolite without getting their skulls split, as a rule.
    - Robert E. Howard

Comment

Tell there was a badger with mushrooms - please?

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth ForestDragon View Post
        Cue the Snakes On A Plane jokes...
        As you wish...

"I have had it with these mother-fucking snakes in this mother-fucking office!"

You're welcome.
        ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
        And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Aw, don't fear the snake. It won't stalk you or anything. At worst, someone might startle it into biting, but it will probably avoid you if it can. If you want to feel safer, turn up the AC while you work, the snake should be sluggish and stay where it is, or go off to find a warmer spot.
          The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
          "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
          Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Odds are very, very poor that it is dangerous.

And even if it was, the odds are very, very poor that even a dangerous one will bite you.

And absolutely zero that it will come after anyone, unless someone is stupid enough to bother it or corner it.

It's probably harmless, and scared out of it's wits, and hiding somewhere. The smell and vibrations of people walking around will likely be enough to keep it in hiding. If you see it, it's probably trying to escape.

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
              And absolutely zero that it will come after anyone, unless someone is stupid enough to bother it or corner it.
              Unless, of course, someone has sprayed pheromones on them, in which case they will become ridiculously aggressive...

"Great, just what we need. Snakes on crack."

Protect your assets people! (if ya know what I mean *wink wink*)
              Jim: Fact: Bears eat beets. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
              Dwight: Bears don't eat bee... Hey! What are you doing?
              The Office

Comment

Ok 2 ideas here.

1. This is a good snake and is planning on eating the evil manager.

or

2. The cleaning crew just happened to see a member of corporate management out of uniform and revealing their true selves.
                My Karma ran over your dogma.

Comment

Quoth digilight View Post
                  Ok 2 ideas here.

1. This is a good snake and is planning on eating the evil manager.

or

2. The cleaning crew just happened to see a member of corporate management out of uniform and revealing their true selves.
                  Actually, one of the executives is my fiance, and the CEO is his dad!

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
                    Tell there was a badger with mushrooms - please?
                    http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/badgers

Quote Dalesys:
                    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

We used to find them all the time in plumbing.

Nothing lifts your spirits better than watching the big burly plumber scream like a twelve year old girl when a harmless little black snake comes out of the pipe he just picked up.
                      Learn wisdom by the follies of others.

Comment

Quoth JustADude View Post
                        As you wish...

"I have had it with these mother-fucking snakes in this mother-fucking office!"

You're welcome.
                        Knew I could count on you.
                        Civilized men tend to be ruder than savages because they know they can be impolite without getting their skulls split, as a rule.
                        - Robert E. Howard

Comment

Working...
                        X