X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• truck shows up unannounced

Not sure where this story belongs...

Saturday I came in for a very rare Saturday shift. I go into the back, through receiving, on my way upstairs and I see a very strange sight.

The ASM, a cashier, a salesguy, a MPU guy, and a receiving gal is unloading a truck. I sort of do a double take...

Trucks never come on Saturdays.

The ASM spots me and gives me that look...you know, the one when they are going to ask you to help them do something that you don't want to know. She says my name slowly and very sweetly.

I huff a sigh, but then I gave her a smile. "Sure, I'll help unload the truck."

We had no idea of what we were doing. None of us had ever unloaded a truck. We thought about calling the team that unloads the truck in, but they had already had a hard week. So, we did our best and unloaded the truck. (Even the store general manager came back and helped a bit!! )

Today I came in and I went into the back. The receiving team is having a fit and I think the manager nearly had a heart attack when he went into the back and saw the fifteen or so eight foot high floats of merchandise that wasn't there when he left on Friday.

I heard a pair of receiving people bitching about how it wasn't done right. (Some divisions of stock got mixed in with each other.) I nearly flew off my handle at them...I told them that we did the freakin' best job that we could of. We could have called them on their day off but we didn't. I swear, you think they would have been happy that the truck was unloaded and part of it was processed (I processed a few divisions by myself.)

Anyhow...someone dropped the ball on that. Either someone forgot to tell the store that a truck was coming or someone at the store got that message and didn't tell anyone about it.

All in all, it sucked and I hated hearing those people bitch about the hard work that we did.

I heard a pair of receiving people bitching about how it wasn't done right. (Some divisions of stock got mixed in with each other.) I nearly flew off my handle at them...I told them that we did the freakin' best job that we could of. We could have called them on their day off but we didn't. I swear, you think they would have been happy that the truck was unloaded and part of it was processed (I processed a few divisions by myself.)
    Next time you should call them in. If they don't like the job you do, they can do it themselves.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
      If they don't like the job you do, they can do it themselves.
      But then they wouldn't be able to bitch about other people doing a crappy job.
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
        Next time you should call them in. If they don't like the job you do, they can do it themselves.
        Or Deny the deliver. One place I worked at we only had 1 loading dock, so they set a system up that you would have to make an "appointment" Normally a 1/2 hour window to drop the delivery. If they didn't have an appointment, then they had to wait for the next open window. (Only exception was Fed-Ex/UPS). If you delivered 3:00 pm on a Friday, and the next open window was on Monday..well..it's going to be a long weekend for you eh? . We were a national company, so the freight companies knew they had to play by our rules, otherwise we would stop using them.

In one case, a trucking company tried to delivery after our loading dock was closed for the night, so they decided to just drop the load by the front door, right in the sidewalk (basically a pallet of scanners and computer Monitors). Our Store manager went through the roof on that. Called our corporate offices. At that time, normally that freight company had 2 or 3 loads a week for us. After that incident, they didn't have any, since we dropped them.
        Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

Unfortunately, that is not an option for us. I'm talking about the trucks that come from our DC.

Otherwise, our other vendors have to deliver between 7 am and 3 pm weekdays, although they can deliver later if necessary. They would then have to check in at the service desk and a manager would have to come down. This seldom happens though.
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Working...
          X