This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, we're open at 6 . . . Bring Your Own Rock

And that's just what happened last Saturday . . . . somebody threw a big rock through the front glass and just let themselves in.

Our Market manager barely missed them . . . she'd arrived right after 6 and discovered the damage to the front. MOD arrived soon after and so did the police, as the alarms were going off full blast inside.

From what I heard when I arrived later in the day (around 9) we had several cartons of cigarettes stolen . . . luckily that was the extent of it.

But it's still scary . . . on Wednesday mornings, I go in at 5 a.m. along with the Scanning Person (she has keys and alarm code to get in.) We're usually there by ourselves until at least 6, when either Dairy Guy comes in or whomever is opening up in the Market . . .

Our SM is concerned about this as well, as he should be. We had alarms going off last Thursday morning because the roof hatch was opened and Opie had to come over there to shut them off and see what was going on.

Biggest concern is that somebody will either stay in there after close or sneak in before the OM comes in the next day and will have a weapon of some sort. . .

So, SP and I were talking about it today . . . we're going to work on the back aisles, away from the windows until at the MOD shows up for the morning open and work together on the same aisle. That way, if we hear something such as glass breaking and alarms going off, we don't have to hunt down each other - we can simply sneak off to the back.

Our security room, just past the restrooms and beside the side exit in the back would make a good place to hide until police shows up . . . it has a deadbolt lock and will lock from the inside. We both have a key to this room, as this is where the high theft HBA backstock is kept. SP also has her cell phone, but our store gets bad reception - but at least the alarms going off will alert Home Office, which will in turn call the store. If there's no answer from the store, the police is automatically sent out - no ifs, ands or buts.

It's sad when one has to be concerned for their own physical safety at work because of idiots who have nothing better to do.
    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)
Working...
X