This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glad today is over!

No SCs today (well one minor idiot trying to use car wash tokens from another company) but it was pretty hectic...

-the weather report from two days ago said it would be stinking hot. I dressed for that because I didn't catch yesterday's weather report. So I froze my butt off.
    -local laws regarding display of cigarettes are about to change and today was take-down-the-cabinets-and-put-up new ones day. I had to try to run the till while not getting in the way of a couple of carpenters.
    -we're getting all new signs, some were ready for installation today, this entailed cutting power to one car wash bay.
    -the other new guy didn't know he was supposed to place a fuel order yesterday, so we ran out of premium.
    -lowest fuel price for 8 days. Not a second where the forecourt was clear.
    -Pension day = a lot of confused old people trying to figure out how to make the car wash work.
    -on top of all of that, it's Ramadan so the big boss is fasting during the day. Not eating makes him a bit cranky so it sounds like he's mad at everyone, even when he's just saying "good afternoon".

The good parts:
    -somebody actually came back and paid for a drive off
    -it's payday
    -tomorrow's my day off

Quoth edible_hat View Post
    -somebody actually came back and paid for a drive off
    There's a situation I've never experienced. I'm jealous.
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Just for the record, I once was that guy. Normally, I paid at this station with my debit card. This time, though, I needed to pay with cash. I simply forgot to do so, as my habit kicked in. I drove off and didn't realize what I'd done until a couple of hours later.

Called them, arranged to pay later that day, and did.

Felt like crap about it, too.

Comment

Quoth Pedersen View Post
        Just for the record, I once was that guy. ... I drove off and didn't realize what I'd done until a couple of hours later.
        That's sort of what happened. On the shift before mine, someone had filled up then bumped into a friend, chatted a bit, then driven off. He called asking for the manager during my shift, then came in and paid.

And for the record, my dad's done it too. And my brother in law. And my boss. It's a minor pitfall of the self-serve system, but the honest people usually fix it as soon as they realise the mistake.

Comment

Quoth edible_hat View Post
          It's a minor pitfall of the self-serve system, but the honest people usually fix it as soon as they realise the mistake.
          As I implied above, I've never had anyone fix that particular mistake.
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I've had it happen twice - the one I posted about, and another time around 4 years ago when I was working for a different company.

I'm also in the habit of asking every customer if they had any fuel, because there's a belief that if they don't mention it and you don't ask about it, it must be free. (the same people try to claim that prepay is illegal)

Comment

Working...
            X