X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sucks to be you

Check out this link http://gosynergygo.com

I am an office manager in a small company. This means I do the customer service and answer the phones too. I had a very special call today, as you will see below in the letter I just sent:

To whom it may concern,

I received a call, sorry two calls from 416-xxx-xxxx. This appears to be a phone number listed to your business. I would like to address these calls if I may. When I answered my phone the caller asked for "John" who is indeed a contact here at the company. I informed the "gentleman" that John was not available. He asked if "John was in the field". I confirmed that he was on service today. He then asked if he could have John's cell phone number. At this point I politely declined. I was met with the sound of a phone slamming down in my ear.The line rang a second time, from the same number, and hung up immediately after my greeting.

I get these kinds of sales calls all the time, and don't usually care, however the irony regarding yours if especially delicious. You see, I am the office manager, and one of my projects right now is looking for promotional products for our company. Imagine my surprise when I Googled your phone number and discovered that you were most likely calling to speak to "John" about your services. In reality the person you treated so rudely was the actual decision maker regarding promotional items.

Now that I have had a sample of exactly the kind of service that we would receive if we chose to go with your company, I know I can now cross you off my list of prospective companies. Thanks you so much for making my job a little easier.

Sincerely,
    The Gatekeeper
    Office Manager
    Littlecompanywithbigattitude
    Last edited by The Gatekeeper; 10-04-2007, 03:18 PM.
    "smacked upside the head by the harsh of daylight" - Tori Amos "The Beauty of Speed"

a sucking chest wound is merely mother nature's way of telling you to slow down - Arm

Just Wow! Especially since on their About Us page the very first thing in big bold letters "Give us your business!" that leads me to think that they probably really need any business they can get, yet they let their sales people act like that. I will only assume from your name that not only do you make the decisions, but you also control who gets to talk to who around there, so there is no way these people can circumvent you to get to John, I hope.
    The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

You are very right. Everyone goes through me. John is of the mindset, that if they don't want to talk to me, then he doesn't want to talk to him. That and he is out in the field, the administration is left up to others, like myself.

As an update:
      I got an email/SPAM not long after I sent the letter. It was from a site in the U.S. with the exact same address as the U.S. affiliate on the web site, different company name, but still selling promotional products.

Damn I love Spamfighter, just hit "Block" and these idiots won't be bothering me anymore.
      "smacked upside the head by the harsh of daylight" - Tori Amos "The Beauty of Speed"

a sucking chest wound is merely mother nature's way of telling you to slow down - Arm

Comment

I'm loving that letter!!!

Any response to it?
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Not that I know of. I did after all block them.

Comment

This isn't an office. It's Hell with fluorescent lighting.

Comment

Quoth The Gatekeeper View Post
              Not that I know of. I did after all block them.
              But...but...I want to know what the response was!!
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Awesome!

I love it.
                What goes around, comes around.
                Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Working...
                X