This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's come to this...

Ok so as everyone knows, things have not improved where I work.

Things came to a head last night when the old bitties would NOT let go of a mistake that I had made several hours previous. I could hear them bitching about me. The room runner came over to me and said he had to get away from over there because he couldn't stand to hear it anymore. I asked him why he didn't stand up for me? Why didn't he just tell them to shut up and get back to work?

I'd had it at that point. I am so sick and tired of being under a microscope. I am so sick of "do as I say not as I do." I am sick and tired of "everyone else can but you can't". I am sick and tired of neglecting my trainees because I am too busy watching MYSELF and wondering "What are they going to bitch about next?" or "Are they going to go get me in trouble?"

I threatened to leave. I told that room runner, if those women want me gone, I'm gone. If they think they can do the job so much better than me, I'll leave. If they are perfect and NEVER make mistakes, well what the fuck am I doing here?

The room runner said "No no, don't leave, don't!" and tried to tell me several stories of employees past and present and HIMSELF (because he is only a few years older than me and he has already been there done that with these old bitches). Meanwhile, I had sent an email to a bigwig (the only one that I like and totally trust) and she walked into the room and asked what was going on.

I told her everything. Everything from my dress code violation to being nitpicked to being stalked by these people all night to what had just happened a few hours ago. She was pissed. She said she was going to my supervisor and someone was going to put an end to these old bitties' reign of terror.

She said that while I had to work a bit more on letting stuff like that roll of my shoulder, at the same time, they are targetting and practically harrassing me, and that stuff I DO NOT have to tolerate. They have no reason to dislike and constantly persecute me. They have no right to bitch out loud for hours over a simple mistake that they probably made themselves once upon a time.

It was almost time to go, so my supervisor said we would have a talk about it tonight. He didn't say what about, but he knows. He just said "We'll talk in my office tonight".

Wish me luck guys!
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

I will be the first to wish you good luck. If you could get your runner to mention to the bigwig, what they did to him before. It would look better on your part. And also, don't quit. Don't give them the satisfaction of you quitting.
    Under The Moon Paranormal Research
    San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

good luck blas, hopefully all the bitching and crap stops now

Comment

No such luck.

I thought my supervisor was going to take it seriously. He seemed genuinely concerned.

Once we got to talking, he would not comprehend the fact that I do NOT have to allow people to treat me this way. He doesn't get the point that this is beyond your everyday squabbling and bullshit. I didn't want to throw in "hostile work enviornment" but I kind of hinted at it. I mentioned that the morale in that department is VERY low, and as employees, I don't think we actually MUST put up with that kind of behavior.

Oh well....next time I'm going to have to go over all their heads and go to HR. Maybe THEN something will be done.

Comment

Go to HR now. Your sup is part of the reason these ladies are able to get away with this...because he either doesn't want to deal with it or doesn't understand the scope of the problem.

Go to HR and throw around those nasty words...do it! "Hostile work environment", "workplace harassment" even the dreaded "lawsuit" word! Do it!
          Because as we all know, on the Internet all men are men, all women are men and all children are FBI agents.

Comment

Quoth ThePhoneGoddess View Post
            Go to HR now. Your sup is part of the reason these ladies are able to get away with this...because he either doesn't want to deal with it or doesn't understand the scope of the problem.

Go to HR and throw around those nasty words...do it! "Hostile work environment", "workplace harassment" even the dreaded "lawsuit" word! Do it!
            I agree. You don't deserve to be treated like that.
            The customer is NEVER right! Unless they're nice...

Comment

Planning on scheduling a meeting with HR after work tomorrow morning!

I understand that a man doesn't want to deal with a bunch of clucking old ladies and their gossip. I know it sucks for a man. But it's HIS JOB as a supervisor to put an end to it. No one needs to put up with that bullshit!

Comment

Good luck, Blas. Hope HR handles this situation properly.
                My Fanfic Page
                My Fiction Page
                My Social Group
                My Pet Social Group
                My You Tube Channel

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
                  Planning on scheduling a meeting with HR after work tomorrow morning!
                  Here's hoping all goes well. The HR folks at my current job are freaking awesome. Much better than the HR guy who came around at my last job. He would tell you he was going to talk to the SuperBitch (the manager of the store) and straighten things out. Then he'd go back to her office, have a few drinks with her and somewhere between ordering pizza and "servicing" her, he would say "Oh by the way, so-and-so thinks you're a bitch." Then he'd come out, say it was all a big misunderstanding and leave. Then the SuperBitch would come out and you could practically see the black, flaming aura around her and she shot you the look of death. The next several months of your life would be a living hell.
                  "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

Working...
                  X