This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth protege View Post
    It wouldn't matter how much people were paid. They'd still find a way to complain about it.
    That comment sounds so pro-corporation and anti-employee it's not even funny. Remind me again..what site is this ? I'm beginning to wonder.

Comment

air914:
      Let's say you and I are in the same work position, at the same company and even hired on the same day. The only way you can know whether or not you are being paid fairly against me is if you know my entire work history, skills, awards, GPA, etc.

You may be in the same position as someone else but that does not mean you deserve as much pay as they do.
      "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
      HellGate: London

Comment

Quoth braindead View Post
        At my last review my manager said I was doing a great job and when things are looking better he would give me a raise. Ok so skip forward our company laid off 7 people and one quit.
        Pardon me for saying this, but he said "when things are looking better." I would think that if the company had to lay off seven people, things are NOT looking better. It's usually a cost-saving measure, and to simply split up the salary of the laid-off people to give to the remaining staff would negate that.
        thank you for shopping our Kmart

Comment

Quoth KayEm View Post
          That comment sounds so pro-corporation and anti-employee it's not even funny. Remind me again..what site is this ? I'm beginning to wonder.
          I think he knows what site this is, considering he's a mod and all. And he's right, people will complain about *anything*-sucky people are sucky people, no matter what side of the counter you're stuck on.
          "This is the first time I've seen you look ugly, and that makes me happy!"

Comment

Another reminder that we are all on the same team here, people.

Members come here to vent and get support.

Verbally punching each other in the gut and sniping at each other isn't accomplishing anything constructive or supportive.

Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

I distinctly remember at least one instance where I was up for a merit review/raise, and it just sat there, gathering dust, for months. In fact, it was so late in being given to me, the day the paperwork finally cleared, the store got notice that I was due for ANOTHER! However, they did give me all my backpay.
              Another time, I remember old SM just up and telling me, mid shift: "I did your merit review. You're getting a 4% increase."
              M: *blink blink* "Huhwhat?"
              "I sent in your review. Your next paycheck should have a 4% increase on it." (Bull and Sh*t. It was never the 'Next paycheck'. No matter how many times the SM, in fact, any of the SM's... tried to get my raise, it would always be wrong in some way or another to corporate.)
              M: "Can I at least see my review, then?"
              "Sure, I have a copy..."
              M: "Would've been nice to actually have... you know, discussed my review... just a thought." (not out loud)
              "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth JuniorMintz View Post
                I think he knows what site this is, considering he's a mod and all. And he's right, people will complain about *anything*-sucky people are sucky people, no matter what side of the counter you're stuck on.
                Maybe I shouldn't have said that first part, and I do apologize for it because it did sound snipy.

BUT...I fail to see how complaining about shitty raises, or late raises, or non-existant raises, or when people who are newly hired (with the same experience as you) is sucky behaviour. Complaining isn't always sucky. Sometimes it's actually legitimate.

Comment

OK that went way outside of what I was expecting. I did not mean for everyone to get so snippy with each other. Ok there is a few things I want to make clear.

1. Was have a crappy day way. I was way over worked.
                  2. In my 4 years working there I have only gotten 1 raise.
                  3. My knowledge of the amount the other person made was none of my business. I found out when I was accidentally given her pay stub instead of mine.
                  4. It didnt bother me that she made more than me or how she got there. The only times it bothers me is when the buttkissers do so just for the money. I really used to care about my job and my work. I worked my ass off. I am not resentful of my extra work and my giving a crap.

5. and the biggest point of all. I dont want them to give up money that the company planned on. I was pointing out to use the pay for the person that quit and was not laid off. Nobody gets hurt. Also with all the people they let go of all the other employees need raises because we are all doing double work. I work customer service and data entry at the same time. I gave up on accually going anywhere for lunch because otherwise I will get behind.

I think those of us that work hard, know we are doing all we can deserve a raise. I am sorry that this sparked so much from so many.

One last thing because I have heard this before. I stay where I am at because this area is limited for work, My hubby and I work together 1 car, and I am current in process of starting my own business but you gots to have to start up capital. I cant wait.

I am suprised by that attacking that happened over this. I now know better.
                  I before E except after C. We live in a weird society

Comment

Thanks, braindead.

It takes a lot of maturity to apologize when something we posted wasn't well received and a thread went south. I wish more people would take responsibility for their actions.

Nicely done.

I think, though, that there were a lot of people posting in this thread who have a lot more to answer for than you do.
                    It's still refreshing to me to see an apology from you, though.
                    Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Working...
                    X