This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have an interview - wish me luck

I have an interview on Monday for an administrator's job at the cinema.

It would mean no more weekends and very few evenings. It would mean no more customers. But no more watching films on quiet shifts either.

Wish me luck.
    "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Good Luck!

Cute
    In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
    She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

So I had the interview today. It was a good interview.

I knew there was another member of staff who applied for it, and I figured I had a good chance over her, because I have considerable office experience.

Well it turns out one of the team leaders applied and kept her candidacy a secret. She got the job.

This team leader is currently part-time and only worked 16 hours because of her benefits. She used to be full time until she went on maternity leave. Now she's going for a job that was potentially full time. So I'm wondering, if she saw this as an opportunity to return to full time work (which would have not been allowed as a TL as we are otherwise fully staffed). This would also benefit the general manager as he will able to cut a part time TL hours from his payroll.

So I figure I was maybe never in with a real chance.
      "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

I'm sorry to hear that, CG. Evil Machiavellian budget monkeys.
        Labor boards have info on local laws for free
        HR believes the first person in the door
        Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
        Document everything
        CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Working...
        X