This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really Horrible Day

Lots of customers had something crawl up their arses and die yesterday, everyone was incredibly nasty and impatient. I had a customer scream at me because a product that he bought two days ago which was supposed to come with 150 bonus fly buys points didn't show up on the receipt ( a fly buys card is a point system, if you spend $5 you get 2 points and when you get enough points you can redeem them for gift cards or even flights, but you need to spend a bucket load of money to get anything good)

He tried to blame it on me even though i wasn't working that day and since i have been working there for so long i should know everything about these stupid cards which are a complete waste of time.

Anyway i walked around to call a grocery staff member, and then just burst into tears, i'm kicking myself that i let this dickhead get to me but i've been stressed out because we're packing up the house to move 7 hours away and only have 2 weeks to get everything done and it feels like i'm not getting anywhere.

Manager comes up and sees i'm upset, i told him what happened and his response is "I'll set the bastard straight" and off he goes to talk to the cranky old coot. The manager rips into him and calls him a bully and then demands that he apologise to me which he does so very meekly.

Manager tells him this is his last warning and if he acts like a areshole again he doesn't want him coming back.

Later on after the customer had left he came up to me and asked if i was alright and says if that ever happens again to call him and he'll deal with it.

Only 2 more weeks left.

Quoth Chained to the counter View Post
    a fly buys card is a point system, if you spend $5 you get 2 points and when you get enough points you can redeem them for gift cards or even flights, but you need to spend a bucket load of money to get anything good)
    If you do your grocery shopping at Coles anyway (because it's closest to home) you can get enough points to get $100 in gift vouchers every year. It's not much but it's something.

Comment

Your manager rocks!!

I don't know whether or not to hope that the customer has earned the error of his ways, and will be nice from now on, or will forever be an asshat and gets himself banned.
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Chained to the counter View Post
        Manager tells him this is his last warning and if he acts like a areshole again he doesn't want him coming back.
        Sounds like the creep has done this before. I sincerely hope he learns the error of his ways, but I doubt it.

Sorry he upset you. That has happened far too often. But I am glad you've got an excellent manager who won't let asshats abuse his staff.

Best of luck with the move!
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
        X