Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Add another vote from me, for the fee. Hell, I hate it when I am in line wih like 5 items, and some is infront of me, with a cart full, even tho, the sign clearly states 10 items or less
    Under The Moon Paranormal Research
    San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

I do sometimes enjoy it when people get in front of me with gobs of stuff in the express. I always get to embarrass them. Especially when they hand me material.

*in shouting "casual" voice* "GEE, I THOUGHT THIS WAS THE EXPRESS LANE. DOESN'T THAT SIGN SAY 20 ITEMS OR LESS? THAT LOOKS LIKE A LOT MORE THAN 20 ITEMS. I MEAN, I HAVE 12 THINGS HERE, THAT'S LESS THAN 20. OH, I DIDN'T SEE THE BOX OF KOTEX, I GUESS I UNDERSTAND WHY SHE'S IN A HURRY. IS THAT A BOX OF LICE TREATMENT? WHERE ARE YOU GOING, MA'AM? DON'T YOU WANT TO CHECK OUT?"
      "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

Hahaha Mysty. I've had customers do that. I don't hesitate to turn anyone away. We pretty much get free reign in the store to make decisions and do what we want - as long as it's reasonable (thanks to amazing management). If I didn't notice until they were unloaded, then I'll tell them it's an express lane and we try to keep it under 10. If they have like 11 or 12, I really don't care. It's when you start hitting 15 or 20 that it gets annoying. I actually told a customer that it's an express lane, and he sat there and counted everything to show me that he had under 10 (it was actually like 17 or 18). If all other lines are backed up and I'm empty, I'll take a moderately sized order to ease the lines some, but I'm essentially an express-lane nazi. If you have too much, you WILL be turned away.
        Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.

Proverbs 22:6

Comment

Anyone ever have a customer with 30 items, in a 10 items or less lane, try to tell you that the 10 boxes of Product X, the 8 boxes of Product Y count as just two items, since they're all the same thing.

Even using his moronic logic, he's still over the 10 items or less, since he's got 12 other items in the cart. 12 + 2 = 14.

Comment

Lucky for me, I can't go on the express lane any more cuz of backache... I have a doctor's note to excuse me. That's cool cuz ever since the 15 items or less rule was implemented, that lane has been hell for everyone forced to work on it. They are not allowed to pass people thru who have more than 15 items; they have to turn them away.
            People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
            My DeviantArt.

Comment

The trouble with the penalty charge isn't a matter of legality; mentioning it on the x items or less sign would fix that. And it wouldn't come from those who are willing to pay a small fee to get a shorter line. It would come from the same people who are bringing in full buggies now. After all, they already don't believe the rule to use another lane applies to them. They'll argue bluefaced over being *charged* for the priveledge. Which, though potentially entertaining, does slow down the line for everyone else.
              Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

Working...
              X