This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Pezzle View Post
    I wish I could say the same. I've plunged deeper into my depression, I'm starting to feel panicky, anxious, and swallowed by it. Absolutely engulfed. And that doesn't even count the side effects I feel from the medication itself. I think it's the same, as with antibiotics everything feels worse before it feels better. I'm going to give this another week, but if the side effects don't fade and I don't feel any better, I'll have to try something else.
    Also, it must be noted the more I think about the fact that I'm going back into bigbox electronics retail, the more I feel like I'm going to have a panic attack

Comment

FYI, not sure if they mentioned it, but EB Games is part of the B&N Family. So welcome!

JF
      First Lesson I learned from working in a bookstore:
      People who can read are made of the same rudeness as those who cannot.

Comment

OH AWESOME

Another update... holy crap. My ex manager just got a job as the GM of our local staples. MY FAVORITE EX MANAGER WHO ACTUALLY HAD A BACKBONE. There is a god...

Comment

Quoth Pezzle View Post
          MY FAVORITE EX MANAGER WHO ACTUALLY HAD A BACKBONE. There is a god...
          Does that mean you're going to apply there? Probably a much better choice than Best Buy.

I have chronic depression, and I've tried all kinds of meds. Unfortunately, side effects left me with physical problems that made me more depressed. I'm fortunate to be working in an office now with people who understand that I have a problem. They also know that I work through it and do better and more than most of the "normals" here.

I hope this works out for you. I really do wish you the best.
          Labor boards have info on local laws for free
          HR believes the first person in the door
          Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
          Document everything
          CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth wagegoth View Post
            Does that mean you're going to apply there? Probably a much better choice than Best Buy.

I have chronic depression, and I've tried all kinds of meds. Unfortunately, side effects left me with physical problems that made me more depressed. I'm fortunate to be working in an office now with people who understand that I have a problem. They also know that I work through it and do better and more than most of the "normals" here.

I hope this works out for you. I really do wish you the best.
            Yes, I am going to apply in 2 weeks, which is when he will take over the store as GM. This man understands my problem, and my needs, which is why I will bend over backwards to work for him

Comment

Quoth Pezzle View Post
              I'm feeling absolutely fantastic right now, though it could be that nice shot of dopamine I'm getting from the meds. It feels like it's working a little bit, I still feel depressed but I feel like I have more energy and everything feels more sensitive. I have to explain later, it's a unique feeling
              I got lucky. The second med we tried on me was Prozac, and I've been on it for almost 20 years now. I remember after the first month, I still felt like life sucked, but I could deal with it!

I can tell when I've missed a few days, and one time I ran out and could not afford to go in for a renewal for several months (I had moved and my new county of residence does not have a free/sliding scale mental health facility). That was a dark time indeed.

Hang in there, and keep trying till you find something that works for you!

And feel free to keep venting here. We all really do care!
              Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Quoth Pezzle View Post
                E) Seeing mental health professionals, taking wellbutrin for the first time today
                F) Not feeling much better, but I have to get into theraputic range so whateva'

Do you see things with that medication? My Mom saw dogs and men walking through the walls with it =/

Comment

Quoth unholypet View Post
                  Do you see things with that medication? My Mom saw dogs and men walking through the walls with it =/
                  Hallucination is a rare and sometimes occasional side effect. Last night I thought my thumb seriously had an extra knuckle in it. Being an artist that focuses on anatomy, I don't know why I thought that for a brief few minutes. I saw flashes of light that weren't there on the drive home too.

But I'm not sure...

Comment

Flashes of light could be very small symptoms from that, or some minor detached retina on your eye.

Don't let anything touch your eyes for a few days and see if that helps?

Comment

Ja so.. Tomorrow I have my first day at Best Buy. I haven't been able to sleep thus far, and the limb pain symptoms of my depression are coming back. I feel like a trapped, caged animal again. I went from feeling ok today, to feeling extremely angry, and then now I feel trapped. For lack of a better term, I feel like I'm having a panic attack, or what I've always imagined one would feel like. Heart rate increase, mild hyperventilation, and i'm twitchy. I haven't had the crying fits I've seen before, but I kind of feel like curling up in a ball and bawling.

I feel angry at myself for not being able to get out of retail. I'm not made for this "customer service' bullshit. I'm not made for repeating ad corrections like a broken record every sunday.

I've been too embarassed to tell them about my depression and my needs. Too embarassed to tell them of the social anxiety that's swept me since this most recent episode and has stayed, despite the medication taking effect in some places. They have no idea that I feel cornered on the inside about the idea of having to deal with massive crowds of people again -- I mean, why would I tell them? Why would they give me a sales floor job then?

I DO NOT NEED A SALES FLOOR JOB RIGHT NOW, not with people who don't know me. The attitude there is snobbish and snub nosed. I want out.

Comment

"For lack of a better term, I feel like I'm having a panic attack, or what I've always imagined one would feel like. Heart rate increase, mild hyperventilation, and i'm twitchy. I haven't had the crying fits I've seen before, but I kind of feel like curling up in a ball and bawling."

Basically. Panic Attacks can be different for a lot of people. Attacks can have symptoms that consist of heart rate increase, hyperventilation, numbness, shaking, crying, stomach pains, chest pain, nausea, dizzy, hot flashes or chills, disoriented, fear.

I've been diagnosed with Panic Attacks for several years now. Its deffinitly not nice. I know you don't want to tell them, but it'll eventually come out somehow when you get into a situation that causes a Panic Attack. In an interview you are not to explain your disabilities, but its usually best after you've been hired to explain it to management. Its illegal to fire you for a dissability. Unfortunatly I've been fired by 3 companies just by telling them and had to report the company and people. Its not nice sometimes, but this is your life and they are supposted to accomodate your disability.

I loathe retail as well, but sometimes thats the only option. I'm not working currently, but applying to a lot of places. Working in an office setting is helpful and even doing some phone work can be better then actually facing the people in person.

My family is riddled with a history of mental disorders, so I wasn't surprised when I got depression when I was 13. Luckily I got out of it, but then I started having panic attacks and unfortunatly I've never been free of it. It takes a lot of strength to face it, but the more you work on it and face the scary situations the better you'll become.

Be like the flower that perfumes the very hand that crushes it.

Comment

Working...
                        X