This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perks you have earned at work....

This morning my friend and coworker Jeff called me.

JEFF: "Hey, you working today?"
    JESTER: "Nope."
    JEFF: "Dude, how is that you never work Sundays?"
    JESTER: "Seniority, pal."

Well, that and (what I didn't say because of how it could come off the wrong way) the fact that my manager absolutely loves me. But even discounting that second part, I am at the top of the seniority chart for servers at The Bar. Even now that a girl who was there forever has returned from several months of traveling, it won't affect me, because she apparently has no problem working Sundays. Also, at least during football season, RW always works Sundays. Add to that my seniority, and no, I don't work Sundays if I don't want to.

So, who else here has perks that they have earned through their work that some of their coworkers may envy to some degree? Just wondering.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

ability to work mon-fri 7am-3:30 shift in a call center
    Exempt from shift bids
    exempt from occurances if I make up the time
    exempt from taking calls unless it's in "all hands on deck"(30+ calls in queue)
    exempt from QA/recording on all calls

Yeah my job is sweet
    Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

In my previous position:

Monday - Thursday daylight
      New hire mentoring
      Acting Team Leader
      Extra training
      Higher tier privileges

After my promotion, keeping in mind this is a 24/7 call center:

I don't talk to customers, or much of anyone else (even though I have a phone phone instead of a headset).
      Monday - Friday, 8 to 5.
      Holidays off.
      No clock to clock into (if I'm a minute or two late, no one knows).
      No metrics to meet.
      Lunch hour really is an hour and I can go when I want to.

I'm looking to transfer to a new job soon... my boss listed the above advantages and said, "Ain't many jobs like that in a call center."
      I was neat, clean, shaved and sober, and I didn't care who knew it. -- Raymond Chandler

Comment

Let's see...

Say whatever's on my mind to the higher-ups and not get in trouble.
        Leave early if I want and still get paid for a full shift.
        Knowing that $hit rolls down hill and I'm usually at the top of that hill.
        If you don't like my attitude, talk to the manager!!! Oh, wait, that would be me!!

Yes, I'm the manager. I'm also known as "the brick wall".

Comment

At my last real job I could do whatever I wanted to do. I had free reign. Show up when I wanted to, take off whenever I wanted, work when I felt like it. I did not take advantage of it too often, as I liked the guys I worked with and did not want to be an asshole, but I made sure to rub it in the faces of the owners as much as possible.

Comment

Let's see...I get any and all "retired" computer equipment. Most of this stuff is simply outdated, and/or can be easily repaired. What can't be fixed, gets scrapped....or bashed to bits with the fence maul
            Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Working...
            X