This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Painful, but oh so funny...

Today my boss told me and two of my coworkers to clean and organize the wolf centre freezer. Basically, this is where we keep the piles of dead deer and beaver that we feed the wolves, plus wolves awaiting necropsies (4, right now) miscellanious donated meat and scat samples. This is a MESSY job. We had to go in with a crowbar to pry these animals apart. By the time we were done, the floor looked like something you would see on CSI-bloody footprints everywhere.
    But the funniest part was when my male co-worker had to step on to/straddle a deer carcass to stack some beavers. All of a sudden he yelps "That dosen't feel good!"
    Apparently, he had sacked himself on the deer's foot.

Dead Ungulates: 1 Us: 0

Quoth Emmeileia View Post
    But the funniest part was when my male co-worker had to step on to/straddle a deer carcass to stack some beavers. All of a sudden he yelps "That dosen't feel good!"
    Can I sig that?
    Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

Hehe I've had similar things happen. Once when I worked at the vets office and we dropped a frozen great Dane on my instep (ouch >< ) and once at my current place when we dropped a huge frozen great white shark head on my foot. In both cases I was glad that nothing was broken, because I would feel very strange explaining it to the emergency room doctors
      Last edited by Yfandes; 10-26-2007, 09:37 PM. Reason: Edited to clarify: similar but not quite so, uh, intimate.

Comment

Quoth Seawolfe View Post
        In both cases I was glad that nothing was broken, because I would feel very strange explaining it to the emergency room doctors
        And I thought "kicked a tree" was a strange thing to write on the form saying how the injury occurred...

Comment

Yeah, that even beats mine. ("whacked extremely hard during swordfight."). I dont' know how you top dropping a frozen shark's head on your foot. Hell, that even beats the Great Dane.

Comment

My feet have had many things dropped on them. Some frozen, some not. Let's see, there was the huge sledge hammer that caused my foot to swell to three times it's size almost immediately. There was a dog crate that I was trying to get down for a customer when I worked in the Pet Dept. And several frozen objects falling out of my freezer unto my poor, unsuspecting toes...but never in my whole life have I dropped a beaver, a shark's head nor any part of a frozen deer on my foot.

What a boring life I lead.

Retail Haiku:
            Depression sets in.
            The hellhole is calling me ~
            I don't want to go.

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
              I don't know how you top dropping a frozen shark's head on your foot.
              Simple: You slip and fall with the head, landing so that a limb is inside the jaws, which then close due the impact force, giving you a low-severity bite. Bonus points awarded for distance from the nearest large body of water or aquarium.

Aka, a small ER in Bumfuck, South Dakota gets a writeup of "Shark Bite".
              ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
              And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

I've not dropped anything on my feet that's half so memorable as this, but I did have a car run over my foot, totalling my shoe. Well, actually, he stopped on my foot. Slightly over it. Then backed up when I asked him. Foot was fine, but the shoe was a write-off.

totally my fault too, I ran out in a crosswalk from between two school buses without checking.
                Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Emmeileia View Post
                  Apparently, he had sacked himself on the deer's foot.
                  Any chance someone got that on film?
                  Unseen but seeing
                  oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                  There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                  3rd shift needs love, too
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                    I've not dropped anything on my feet that's half so memorable as this, but I did have a car run over my foot, totalling my shoe. Well, actually, he stopped on my foot. Slightly over it. Then backed up when I asked him. Foot was fine, but the shoe was a write-off.

totally my fault too, I ran out in a crosswalk from between two school buses without checking.
                    At least it wasn't your car...I had a Spanish teacher in high school who managed to run over her foot with her own car. I have no idea how.
                    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Lets see, I have dropped a Pressure Treated wet 4x10 board onto my big toe, twice. It was the same board. It was way to slippery. That toe turned green. The doctor acted as if it was my fault, even tho my supervisor had told him that it was too wet and slippery.
                      Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                      San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Quoth powerboy View Post
                        The doctor acted as if it was my fault
                        Yep, I love dropping wet, slippery, pressure treated wood on my toes in my spare time. Silly doctor.
                        Jim: Fact: Bears eat beets. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
                        Dwight: Bears don't eat bee... Hey! What are you doing?
                        The Office

Comment

I have dropped stage weights on my toe twice. After you do it once, it's not likely to do it again, but apparently, I have a thick skull.

One of the scenic guys was also an EMT who ran into the studio when he heard the bellowed string of profanity that is still probably stinking up the air in there even now. He made me put my foot in a bucket of ice water that hurt even worse than the initial injury.

Oh, MAN that hurt.

Neither time did I lose my toenail, which was a miracle. We are talking about a 20 pound metal brick dropped onto your toe here. Turned a little blue, but was otherwise okay.

Ice is the answer. Miracle cure.

Comment

Quoth hauntedheadnc View Post
                            Can I sig that?
                            Yep, go right ahead.

Comment

Working...
                            X