This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever mess with a customer's head?

We have this customer that comes in that once he learns your name he will used it over and over again. No lie I counted 37 times once in the 5 minutes he was in the store.

The first couple of times I learned he was one of these types, but he didn't really remember my name. So he called me bob and tom a couple of times. So Id decided that I'd have a different name every time he came in.

Of course after a month of messing with him I think I've got the name of Kevin for a while.

Oh, that sounds like fun! I wanna play!
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I'm assuming you guys don't wear name tags, or he wouldn't have to guess at your name. It would be even funnier if you did and could alter the name tag every time you saw him coming.

Comment

Quoth Rubystars View Post
        I'm assuming you guys don't wear name tags, or he wouldn't have to guess at your name. It would be even funnier if you did and could alter the name tag every time you saw him coming.
        Yup no name tags.

Comment

Extra points if you can use names for the opposite gender. Or names that wouldn't fit you're race. I.E. if you are ubber white you could be a Miguel or you could be Marian (as in Marian Morrison AKA The Duke) for a while.
          My Karma ran over your dogma.

Comment

Quoth digilight View Post
            Extra points if you can use names for the opposite gender. Or names that wouldn't fit you're race. I.E. if you are ubber white you could be a Miguel or you could be Marian (as in Marian Morrison AKA The Duke) for a while.
            When I was in college my friends and I went to Florida for Spring Break (my friend's parents lived near Tampa). We went to Busch Gardens and went on one of the smaller roller coasters several times because the guy running it was cute. His nametag said Miguel. Let's just say his coworker looked much more like a Miguel than he did.
            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth Rubystars View Post
              I used to do that all the time with a label maker when I worked at Target. Had a lot of fun with it too, using names from movies and video games and stuff.
              "I don't have an anger problem I have an idiot problem!" - Hank Hill

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt, run around in little circles, wave your arms and shout!

Comment

I do things like that all the time.
                Unseen but seeing
                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                3rd shift needs love, too
                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I mess with people who are obviously stoned quite a bit. I smoke too, but I don't go out in public if I'm high (and when I used to, people would mess with me too).

Usually I just walk up behind them and start obviously sniffing the air. When they freak out ("OH CRAP HE KNOWS WE'RE HIGH!" etc), I just laugh and tell them what aisle all the snack food is on.

Comment

Working...
                  X