This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The stuff I find, part 2

It's amazing how I can tell if my city has had a good weekend or not, just by looking in the dumpster.
    The dumpster gets filled with wonderful stuff: Money, needles, condoms, baggies of "stuff" (drug bags- but I never find any drugs).

So when I go to clean around the dumpster on Monday mornings, I can tell if the people in my city have had a good weekend or not, just by looking.

And apparently, this weekend was a very good weekend. Lots of condoms and condom wrappers, lots of needles/syringes, more tiny little bags than I can count. Lots of candy bar wrappers too.

I still haven't found any big time money, though. I'm waiting for it. The neighborhood where my plant is located is Drug Central.

Come on, dealers! Flush that money down the toilet!!
    Age and wisdom don't necessarily go together. Some people just become stupid with more authority.

"Who put the goat in there? The yellow goat I ate."

Hehe. It's similar when I go up to the university to do my geeky stuff. You can tell how well the students got on with each other by how many pairs of underpants, condoms and wallets you find in the woods.
    Deepak Chopra says, "Fear deprives people of choice. Fear shrinks the world into isolated, defensive enclaves. Fear spirals out of control. Fear makes everyday life seem clouded over with danger.

Comment

Would this be the place I mention the crumpled $10 bill I found while cleaning tables at Maccas? I was cleaning table A, a huge mess, while people at table B chatted and ate. Just as I finished with A, the people at B left me their BIGGER mess! Including the $10 bill on the ground, amongst fry boxes and cheeseburger wrappers. I didn't even have to 'hand it in,' the manager told me to go put it in my bag and get back to work.
      Michael: Maybe you'll be inspired by the boat party tonight and start a career as a pirate.
      Tobias: I haven't packed for that.
      <3 Arrested Development

Comment

I've found £5 and £10 notes a few times while cleaning screens. I've handed them in but they've never been claimed, so I got 'em. Yay!
        "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Any and all money is to be turned in to go in the night deposit. ALL MONEY!! LP Guy told me that they caught a girl on camera: She picked up a Quarter off the floor and put it in the Gumball machine. She was fired. FOR A QUARTER!!
          Consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds.
          The following is subject to change:
          If Your Going Through Hell,
          Keep Going...

Comment

I don't think it was for the amount, but for the dishonesty involved.
            A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

The problem is the blanket order reported that any and all found money goes in the deposit. Including money found on the floor.

Sounds quite the inflexible rule to me, and almost like an invitation for staff to "not notice" any found money.
              Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Broomjockey nailed it! It's a rule. Rule was not followed so,
                Consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds.
                The following is subject to change:
                If Your Going Through Hell,
                Keep Going...

Comment

Working...
                X