This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First day (of orientation)

So I went in for Orientation today, I expected a long four hours of signing paperwork and watching LAME videos with two overly enthusiastic yet trying to be candid and real named "Adam" and "Julie" run us through the situational demonstrations where the employees are cockbags in the first video, but bend over backwards helpful in the second, followed by a half assed tour.

Well I was wrong. Instead it was basically just running us through the paperwork, explaining whats what, who's who, and basically EXPLAINING to us what we needed to know, which was awesome...

Then we went on a scavenger hunt to familurize us with the store.... less awesome... It was kinda lame but with a point, to get us to find things in what section so we know the store... I mentioned that since I'm a complete geek and love toys I could GUESS the locations of all the items with a 90% accuracy. After that we toured the back room and such.

Then back upstairs for one saftey video, followed by more discussion on saftey and such... And that was pretty much it. Tommorow we'll be getting into the more in depth stuff, register, shadowing a "buddy" for a while to see what we'd be doing... I honestly have to say it was one of the better orientations I've ever been to.

I am enjoying this, TRU feels like it has a much more casual outlook on employees, lax on the dresscode,(I can wear sneakers!) only ONE annoying acronym for sale... Feels good.

The only problem is I'll have to deal with kids... Uhg.
    "How bloody difficult is it to take care of a DVD?"
    ~Me after any time I look at the back of a disc~

Adam is in BBY's videos too.... -scratches chin- its a retail conspiracy!

Comment

Sounds like a great orientation to me. I loathe the 4 hour videos and lame talks
      Be like the flower that perfumes the very hand that crushes it.

Comment

this training you speak of, what is it?

I always tell people I'm a highly untrained professional, get the fuck out of my way

Comment

Quoth Fawn View Post
          Sounds like a great orientation to me. I loathe the 4 hour videos and lame talks
          Oh that's NOTHING! McHell puts you through 6~8 Hours of interactive flash "Tutorials" that look like something that would get Blammed off of Newgrounds for being too crappy.
          ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
          And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Man, I want an orientation like that!!
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Will-Mun View Post
              After that we toured the back room and such.
              Ahhh Haaa....so thats where the mythical back room is located. Its been at TRS all along. Did you by chance meet "The other guy". We want pictures.
              My Karma ran over your dogma.

Comment

Quoth AKWalMartCartGuy View Post
                this training you speak of, what is it?

I always tell people I'm a highly untrained professional, get the fuck out of my way
                unlike where I work, I had 2 weeks of classroom training, followed by 1 week on the phones, followed by another week in the classroom, followed by another 2 weeks on the phone before finally be put on a normal split... so I tell people that we're highly trained idiots.
                If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Working...
                X