This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The job I really want

The job I really want at my company is being created and should be posted in the next few days.

The boss of that job talked to me about it today and that I may want to look into it.

But... we have a rule that you can only transfer every six months. Alas, when the job is posted, I'll be two weeks shy of being able to apply.

I'm told it's impossible to get a waiver.

There are only a few words in the English language that motivate me... "impossible" being one of them. I've found through life that there's very little that's impossible for the truly motivated.

So... we'll see.
    I was neat, clean, shaved and sober, and I didn't care who knew it. -- Raymond Chandler

I posted for a new job recently and ran into a similar snag. This summer I got promoted from a level II to a level III in what I do - but it's really the same work. Corporate threw up a flag because in their mind I didn't meet the one year in job rule, but it was an easy override.

I think it would be a bigger hurdle if I had gotten a different job title, rather than a different level though.

Comment

Well, if the person who is hiring for job is encouraging you to look into it, maybe they'll be a little "slow" in finding someone...? It does seem silly to discount a qualified person because of 2 weeks...

Good luck!
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
      X