This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The yearly review

Our yearly reviews are called PDI's. Don't ask me what that stands for because I couldn't tell you.
    In any event it's a long conversation and review with the department manager, and this was me second yearly review.

Long story short my manager praised me through the whole thing, saying I have excellent communication with customers and coworkers, and that I set a great example for coworkers and that my attitude creates a positive working environment.

Go me!

I'll be enjoying my raise, no matter how small it will likely be.

One gig I worked at in London had the twice-annual reviews, with a scale from 1-5 for all sorts of criteria. But the manager we had at the time wouldn't give top marks for anything. Even if the descriptions of the criteria matched.

Say, 'punctuality' - 1 would be not turning up on time ever, while 5 would be turning up on time every day. She'd give a 3, even if you had turned up on time everyday, because that was 'meeting expectations'. I asked once how you could get a five, and never got a straight answer.

Bonuses were dependent on getting a high 'average' score, so for some reason, bonuses were pretty sparse after she started, much to the delight of the beancounters.

Draco

Comment

Quoth rerant View Post
      Our yearly reviews are called PDI's. Don't ask me what that stands for because I couldn't tell you.
      Personal Development Interview?

We have PDR, which is an online version (we have very secure servers) and have to show how we have met all of the key performance indicators. Not been in the job long enough but they are apparently horrible to do.
      A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Quoth crazylegs View Post
        Personal Development Interview?
        I was guessing Personnel Development Interview. Maybe Personnel Development Indicia.
        Labor boards have info on local laws for free
        HR believes the first person in the door
        Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
        Document everything
        CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

We have "job dialogs" - you can request one at any time, but you have to initiate it. Your boss can't start the process. Weird rule.

In your first year you can do 3 of them (3 months, 6 months, 12 months) and possibly get a raise. After that, it's once a year. Outside of those times, you can still request one, but you can't get a raise during those.

You have to give yourself a 1 to 5 on a ton of different things, explain your reasoning for your answer, answer some other questions, then your boss sits down with you and grades you on the same stuff. Highest score is a 100. I gave myself high 70s, my boss gave me mid 80s (would have been 90s except for some attendance issues early in my employment - I haven't been late or missed a day since April though). I skipped the 3 and 6 month ones because of those issues, though i suppose the one I did would qualify as 6 months. I'm in my 11th month there now.

Comment

Working...
          X