This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bicycle make over

Friday afternoon. Manager, sales person and me, your lovely and charming sales assistant (being promoted soon according to bossman). We were doing what we do best... hang around and talk. Friday afternoon is usually easy going. At some point, the assistant manager comes in on his free day, not walking, but on his bicycle, he even managed to manoeuver behind the counter without killing himself or some of the merchandise. He put his bike in the back room and hung around to talk to us. After a while he left... walking. He lives nearby so he left his bike with us.

Saturday afternoon. Once again having a slow day (small village, so it's not too spectacular). At some point my manager started grinning, grabs some scissors and goes to the back room. I could do with some fun myself so I followed him to see what he was up to and he was busy cutting up some kitchen material to make those long strings for your bike, I don't know the exact name, but they're placed where you hold the bike. Some bikers have them as well on their steering mechanism, only then in black leather.

So I decided to join in and cut up some pink bags we use to send cell phones away for reparation. When we finished with that, we decided the whole bike should be cheered up. So I made a little flag pole, cut up a bag with our company logo and made a flag of it. Snitched a latex glove from the first aid kit, blew it up a little, used some tape to put it in 'flip-off' mode. We got a display phone and a display navigation system and secured it to the bike, put a cd on his reflector, some sealing stickers for 'lights', cut up some more things with the company logo and put it on his bike and everything that was still visible after that we covered with empty toilet paper rolls (of course we had to put the company logo on those as well) and toilet paper.

We personalised his bike by writing 'Kevin, Ass. Man. of the 140th store'. I wrote a note where all 3 of us declared our love to him and that we made this throne in his honor. He was rolling over the floor when he saw it, he even went cycling through the mall all happy.

So this is how we spend our free time

Where is that' This thread is useless without pictures?" smiley?

And let us know how it turns out!
    Do radioactive cats have 18 half-lives?

Comment

Gotta agree--we need pictures!!!

I love the story, btw.
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

There are some pics I think and for sure a little vid on the 'store' phone, but it's not connected to a network, so I couldn't send it... I could bring my laptop along and see if I can get it sent via Bluetooth. That is, if bossman agrees, since the vid also shows him and the assistant bossman dancing to a Romanian folk song

Comment

Quoth LoneWolf View Post
          There are some pics I think and for sure a little vid on the 'store' phone, but it's not connected to a network, so I couldn't send it... I could bring my laptop along and see if I can get it sent via Bluetooth. That is, if bossman agrees, since the vid also shows him and the assistant bossman dancing to a Romanian folk song
          ZOMG! Get the video, blur their faces if you must, but we NEED that video!

Comment

Working...
          X