This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bagger Died

One of our baggers has been out due to health problems. Yesterday, I found out from one of my service desk coworkers, who found out from one of the checkers, who happens to be the nephew of the head cashier, that the bagger died.
    My Fanfic Page
    My Fiction Page
    My Social Group
    My Pet Social Group
    My You Tube Channel

Dang, that sucks. My condolences.
    Answers are easy...it is asking the right questions which is hard.

Comment

My heart goes out to his family.
      "Oh, very good....Yes, it is easy to see that nearly six years of magical education have not been wasted on you, Potter. 'Ghosts are transparent.'" Severus Snape

Comment

I found out how the bagger died. He died because of a blot clot in his leg. He received an MRI at the hospital. A few hours after receiving the MRI, he was dead.

It turns out that the bagger is being cremated. That means there won't be a funeral.
        Last edited by purplecat41877; 12-04-2007, 04:50 AM.
        My Fanfic Page
        My Fiction Page
        My Social Group
        My Pet Social Group
        My You Tube Channel

Comment

Quoth purplecat41877 View Post
          It turns out that the bagger is being cremated. That means there won't be a funeral.
          If I'm reading this wrong, I apologize, but...are you saying you're glad there won't be a funeral?
          Not all who wander are lost.

Comment

My condolences, but the headline had me worried for a moment - I had to check my own pulse!

Comment

Quoth PuckishOne View Post
              If I'm reading this wrong, I apologize, but...are you saying you're glad there won't be a funeral?
              Actually, I'm not sure how I feel about there not being a funeral. If I was glad about there not being a funeral, I would've used this smiley:.

Sorry for the confusion. That was as close to a neutral smiley as I could get.
              My Fanfic Page
              My Fiction Page
              My Social Group
              My Pet Social Group
              My You Tube Channel

Comment

I got to see the obituary posted at the time clock yesterday. The memorial service is being held a week after New Year's Day.

The bagger also ran his own business in addition to his bagging job at the grocery store. A customer even told me how helpful and polite he had been to her. She even said that when he saw her he said, "There she is." I told the customer that the bagger had done the same with me.

It turns out that a lot of customers are going to miss him. Especially since the bagger was friendly and social able.
                My Fanfic Page
                My Fiction Page
                My Social Group
                My Pet Social Group
                My You Tube Channel

Comment

Yesterday, I saw a few copies of the obituary on computer paper in a few parts of the store (entrance, service desk, time clock). This obituary had the bagger's picture on it.
                  My Fanfic Page
                  My Fiction Page
                  My Social Group
                  My Pet Social Group
                  My You Tube Channel

Comment

Yesterday, when I was adding up checks from one of the registers, the phone rang. It turned out to be a customer wanting to know if the bagger that died was the guy that did the carts in the parking lot at night. I told her that it was and she was very disappointed that the bagger died and even said that he was so nice. When she asked how he died, I told her.
                    My Fanfic Page
                    My Fiction Page
                    My Social Group
                    My Pet Social Group
                    My You Tube Channel

Comment

That's sad. Funerals are always awkward, at best, if you don't know the person or their family that well. I always have mixed feelings about them, too.
                      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
                      X